Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For washing face, is no soap better than all-natural soap? page 2

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Sounds pretty good compared to a lot of stuff to me. Whether plain water would be better is an interesting question. I don't know, and don't know if anyone's got any hard evidence on that -- I doubt it. I can't see it would do a lot of harm, but maybe not every day?

You can check personal care products in EWG's Cosmetics Database:

Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group
    This is a great resource. They also have an annual review of sunscreens that is invaluable.

I also like oils for cleansing and moisturizing. Plain olive oil can be used to cleanse, and coconut oil is a good moisturizer. Another good oil is jojoba. It's chemically the closest to the oil your skin naturally produces: sebum.

Kristy2078 is offline Member
    I like to use witchhazel to rinse my face with (and sometimes my arms after work--I just get pimples like crazy on the backs of my arms for some reasono and washing with witch hazel helps a lot).

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    since i stopped using facial cleansers, my skin has improved dramatically.

face cloth, water, steam.

depends on your water though.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12