Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foods / snacks for truck driver

Shop Now
    THanks Romech, those sound like some good tips... will pass them on. Sounds like your brother is on a roll - glad for him. It is a tough lifestyle so for him to get healthier in the midst of it is pretty cool!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Arbonne has helped my husband stay healthier on the road! (and my business :-) ) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I know that potatoes are evil and all that....but a nuked/boiled potato that have been carefully chilled paired with canned smoked clams....mmmmmm. It is a hands-on meal, but it's filling and emotionally satisfying.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

One of the things I do to stay awake on long drives is switch the radio from music to talk. Audiobooks are great at keeping the brain active, or as a last resort, I'll tune the radio to a political talk station that I largely disagree with and be to pissed off to fall asleep.

I drove a truck for years. i liked beef jerky, pork rinds, almonds. eggs, with bacon made in cupcake tins. I was a coffee drinker, best thing is just sleep properly still works best. chocolate will give you some caffeine. strong tea has more caffeine also.

I think eggs are the best snack. Very nutritious and they make you full.

Only problem is they are a bit of a pain cause it's not a pack of nuts. Worth the extra weirdness eating eggs in the truck lol.
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Tinned Fish and Tinned Chicken/Turkey in either olive oil or water - but make sure no other ingredients are added.
    No Sugar Jerky, fish, meat, poultry.
    Easy Open cans of olive or veggies.
    Hard boiled eggs.
    Deli Turkey or Chicken slices - your friend could maybe keep a mini cooler in the truck?
    Protein Powders - grass fed/finished if whey

Shop Now
    I agree with “Theresa” that fruits and cut up vegetables are best. Besides this egg, chocolates and chicken (canned fish and beef jerky) are good for a long drive.