Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got sick so I stoped eating Paleo......... page 2

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    It's been hard for me to get over that thought hill as well. For me it was "If this flu makes my stomach hurt anyway, what harm is there in gluten?".
    That is the thing....if you understand what gluten does to your system then there should not be a problem here.

JVib is offline Senior Member
    Screw that! I get sick (which is rare) I eat more meat!!
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

CSilivestru is offline Member
    I think it has very little to do with knowing or not knowing what the junk food actually does to you and MUCH more to do with the emotional connection those people have with whatever their food is.
    For example, I know people who are primal but when they get sick, all they want is a pizza because the experience of eating that when sick is comforting. Or they want oatmeal because it's what they're grandmother used to make them when they got sick as a child. this emotional connection is extremely hard to break for most people and, if they're new to primal, a reset like that early on can send them right back to where they were before in no time.

Food should be used to nourish and not as an emotional crutch. Many won't even admit that this is what's going on...
    Living the primal lifestyle and loving it! On a constant quest of optimal health and living life to the fullest :-).

You can have excuses or results -- not both.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey View Post
    I wish! To hot here to even think of having the crockpot running all night. This will be nice come fall
    I was given a suggestion that blew my mind, so I'm going to share it with you: crockpots are portable. Set it up in the garage, and set a timer in the house.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    I lived in Kenya for two years and cooked all of my meals over a charcoal fire outside on my back stoop. You could always cook your soup outside.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I was given a suggestion that blew my mind, so I'm going to share it with you: crockpots are portable. Set it up in the garage, and set a timer in the house.
    As simply logical as this is - I haven't thought of it either! Brilliant!

I throw food in a cooler and let Mother Nature do the cooling/freezing for me in the coldest parts of winter, but the idea of having something like those Southern separated kitchens in my garage never occurred to me...

Guess what?! - I'm gonna' make bone broth today!

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Mind=Blown.

Now to go procure a garage...
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

mystifiedu is offline Member
    okay so have any of you tried Oil of Oregano when you first start feeling out of sorts --it could stave off your cold/ flu symptoms and you won't get ill, eat things you normally wouldn't eat- or give you an excuse to eat cause you're not feeling well so lets just eat that no-no anyways and fall off the way we want to eat. Oh and also your body is smart and it is continuously doing housecleaning in order to properly function eg. building up and replacing everything within in you and cleaning and detoxing the breakdown of materials it no longer needs and any foreign objects like toxins that have entered your body or germs, so you get sick -- well your body is in need of some extra housecleaning to get rid of the debree build up within you and when you get sick this helps your body to eliminate the extra build up through, fevers--- burning of the excess toxins,runny nose, throwing up,diarrhoea, ect. Think of it as your body's elimination channels at work for you to keep your body properly running

jammies is offline Senior Member
    My housemate is vegetarian and despises the smell of bone broth cooking. I do mine on the patio! Just plug it in and let it go as long as I want without any complaints.

Someone here also suggested a haybox cooker which I am determined to try at some point. You heat your food up very hot on the stove and then pack wrap it up and pack it in a box with straw or blankets. It will slow cook for hours that way and you can put it in the garage or outside.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I do feel it is harder to eat primal when I am sick. Willpower is a limited resource and being sick or very stressed out causes it to greatly decrease. Plus, some of that crappy food has a nostalgic pull to it.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast