Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SimpleFit question for those that do it page

mrexec1986 is offline Junior Member

SimpleFit question for those that do it

Ok, say if I am starting at L1D1, am i supposed to take rest breaks within the 20 min time frame if I need them, or are rest breaks not included in the 20 mins? I know I am most likely going to need to rest, but I am just confused on this aspect. Thanks in advance.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    rest if you need to, but keep the timer going. on day one you are trying to get as many rounds in that 20 minute window as you can. if that means ten because you need to catch your breath, no problem; if that means you can squeeze in thirty, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    rest if you need to, but keep the timer going. on day one you are trying to get as many rounds in that 20 minute window as you can. if that means ten because you need to catch your breath, no problem; if that means you can squeeze in thirty, even better.
    Ok thanks for the answer. So how long of a rest should I take? Enough to return to normal breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by mrexec1986 View Post
    Ok thanks for the answer. So how long of a rest should I take? Enough to return to normal breathing?
    not necessarily. the point is to work hard and build your muscular endurance, so you should probably still have somewhat labored breathing. basically, you start up again as soon as you think you can finish the next round.

not necessarily. the point is to work hard and build your muscular endurance, so you should probably still have somewhat labored breathing. basically, you start up again as soon as you think you can finish the next round.
    Ok well i actually started at L3D1 just a little while ago, and I was able to do 25 rounds. Is that decent?

yeah, 25 rounds is great. you may move up on day three...or get really close. sometimes moving up to the next level can take forever.

yeah, 25 rounds is great. you may move up on day three...or get really close. sometimes moving up to the next level can take forever.
    Awesome. Pull-ups are definitely my downfall though. So when I go to do Day 3, and I start with the 16 pull-ups, what if I can't do them all at once? Do I stop and wait until I am able to do more during the session, or does that mean I am at too high of a level and I need to go down? Or do I switch to the other exercises and then come back to them? This isn't explained very well on the website.

just stick to level three until you can pass the level three test on day 3. no need to go back; your pull ups will get there. don't be afraid to work on your pull ups outside your workout...do a pull up or two whenever you walk by your bar, stuff like that.

in terms of doing the day 3 test, you do whatever you can to get all those numbers in five minutes or less. i always tried to do them strait--pull ups, push ups, then squats--but thinking about it now, breaking up those pull ups with the other exercises might not be a bad idea.

a-ray is offline Member
    I just started the SF as well, but based off reading on the site, you are supposed to complete all the pull-ups, then do all the pushups, then the squats in that order. Not break up the pullups with the other exercises. I don't know that it matters,just know what I've read.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm up to Level 7. Do each exercise in order - pull ups, then push ups, then squats. For Day 1 workouts, keep the timer going even if you stop to rest.

You move up to the next level if you complete the Day 3 workout in less than 5 minutes. If it takes you longer than 30 minutes, you move down a level. If you do it in more than 5 but less than 30, stay at the same level.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast