Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship and Diet page

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member

Relationship and Diet

=)
    Last edited by ozbuckley; 05-07-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Sceptic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Lead by example, don't sweat the details, and stop listening to idiots on the internet who can't even manage to maintain a healthy relationship.

Oh, and check out 27 Ways to Live with Your Non-Paleo Spouse.

But seriously, as far as relationship advice goes, stop listening to me

Ayla is offline Senior Member
    Since you two have only been together a couple of months, allow her the space to eat as she wants. This is a good opportunity to practice acceptance and forgiveness. Think about all the years that you ate junk, or what you now believe is junk, and accept that she is still in that stage and may remain there for some time. I agree that leading by example is key, and I think emphasizing how happy you are with YOUR diet, rather than criticizing hers, will be more likely to nudge her in this direction than confronting her about what she eats.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Stop acting like a pompous ass? Her body, her choice.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

BrodieMN is offline Member
    Alex, why so harsh? These are real feelings for him. I like Ayla's response.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I just thought it was funny that Alex called someone else pompous

OP- she probably hasn't made the connection. How long did it take you to make the connection? If you live together, you could offer to take over the food thing to sort of back her into Primal, but other than that, answer questions as they come up and wait for her. If you respect her intelligence, then you will respect her need to come to the conclusion on her own.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

What do we call vegans when they act like this? If he can't accept her for who she is then he shouldn't be with her. Was your mom primal? Did you end up horribly deformed? If you answered yes to the second one then you should feel grateful that you can actually get a woman.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I just thought it was funny that Alex called someone else pompous
    I was hoping nobody would call me out on that. *Sigh*... My one flaw is that I know how perfect I am.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    At my house, I'm primal and I'm the cook and provider of food in the house therefore my girlfriend, her twelve old daughter, and my eleven year old son end up eating healthy primal food a lot of the time. None of them really have the slightest concern about being primal and will eat SAD any time they don't have me to cook for them. They mostly like the way my food tastes and it's my choice to make it healthy. I am not the primal enforcer. I strive to live the primal lifestyle for me and my own health and if those around me that I care about benefit too then so much the better.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's a lot nicer if you and your girl friend/wife are on the same page with nutrition.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast