Thread: Snacks page

Cdmartin111 is offline Junior Member

Question Snacks

Shop Now
    So I have been wondering if there are any bars or easy foods that are primal or paleo? Before I started eating primal my diet consisted of a lot of bars, as I am frequently eating on the go, and I have found it hard on a primal diet to find things that are easy to transport and require little to no prep. Is here anything out there that can help with this? I have been turning to fruits a lot because they are cheap and easy but I know this is not. Great primal solution. Please help.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    premade hard boiled eggs are both easy and efficient. Located near the eggs and deli. Also precut veggies in produce. Beef jerky is made for people on the go, though I tend to have to floss immediately after eating it.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Eating on the go is for stress monkeys, so isn't primal. Finding time to prepare and enjoy good food is very primal
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i don't snack. why do you want your insulin jacking around all day? eat 1,2 or 3 solid meals. if your meals are big enough, you won't need to snack.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Take whatever you ate for a meal, cut some of it up and put it in a baggie. Voila! Snack. Chicken, beef, broccoli, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, grilled eggplant, sweet potato slices, eggs, a dark chocolate bar, a bottle of wine.
    "Hard to transport"? Carrying around a coconut and a machete is a pain in the ass, granted, but who says snacks need to be preformed bars?

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe not 100% primal, but pork rinds (fried in its own fat) are great. Go well with guacamole and salsa.

You can bake a bunch of chicken hearts in advance and nuke them when you need something to munch on. I call them chicken nuggets. They're good with just a little salt and pepper.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I usually have a small container of almonds handy as an insurance policy.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    butter

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    butter
    Lol
    Yeah, avoid the processed stuff! I don't think there are bars out there that are "primal."
    For me it was smoked salmon (my family makes it) or some nuts and fruit, but now that I've been at it for 6 months I'd rather wait until I can eat something I really want, like a salad and something on the grill. If I snack its like having a lousy meal instead of a good one.