Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monsanto trying to sneak GM crops into food supply page

acohn is offline Junior Member

Monsanto trying to sneak GM crops into food supply

Primal Fuel
    A one-line amendment in the huge agriculture bill now under consideration would require the secretary of agriculture to grant permits for planting or cultivating GM crops even if a federal court has given an injunction against it. This amendment would would strip judges of their constitutional mandate to protect consumer rights and the environment.

Please sign a petition calling to stop the unregulated frankenfood invasion.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I think GMO grains pretty much dominate the food supply now~ as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to eat them anyway so it's nothing to get excited about. Other than that, maybe those that want to eat grains should look for organic, non-GMO sources.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm bumping this up because it's a huge concern and Monsanto may be one of the biggest contributors to ill health in this country. It's certainly more important than arguing over what a f***ing calorie is.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm bumping this up because it's a huge concern and Monsanto may be one of the biggest contributors to ill health in this country. It's certainly more important than arguing over what a f***ing calorie is.
    I agree with you!! Monsanto is pure evil. They are ALL about making billions at the expense of the human race and they are in the back pocket of our government. So we can't expect that they will do the right things to protect the consumer. The average person doesn't even know a thing about GMO's.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    I agree with you!! Monsanto is pure evil. They are ALL about making billions at the expense of the human race and they are in the back pocket of our government. So we can't expect that they will do the right things to protect the consumer. The average person doesn't even know a thing about GMO's.
    The average person doesn't want to know. or even care. The info is out there, just a google click away~ Genetically modified food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I think GMO grains pretty much dominate the food supply now~ as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to eat them anyway so it's nothing to get excited about. Other than that, maybe those that want to eat grains should look for organic, non-GMO sources.
    yes, but what about GM salmon, tomatoes, papaya, sugar beets, sweet potatoes, squash, sweet peppers, or the myriad other GM foods that have already been released or are in the pipeline? not only that, but the GM grains are having a negative effect on pollinators, which effects all crops requiring pollination.

mrexec1986 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yes, but what about GM salmon, tomatoes, papaya, sugar beets, sweet potatoes, squash, sweet peppers, or the myriad other GM foods that have already been released or are in the pipeline? not only that, but the GM grains are having a negative effect on pollinators, which effects all crops requiring pollination.
    Yeah, I'd say we are screwed.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    that's about how i feel.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    *edit*. Never mind, read the linked info.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From here: Monsanto Forced Out of UK by Activists Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Monsanto Forced Out of UK by Activists

Anthony Gucciardi
    Prisonplanet.com
    Friday, February 3, 2012

It has been a truly rough week for Monsanto. After being slammed with a lawsuit by concerned farmers over theirGMO crops and thrown out by China, now the corrupt juggernaut is being thrown out of the United Kingdom. In an unprecedented announcement, Monsanto announced amajor departure from the UK due to “intense opposition” to genetically modified foods from activists.

As a result, the company is now closing its genetically modified wheat growing operation based in Cambridge. Monsanto officials even went on record stating that the move was a result of opposition against their own ‘Frankenstein Foods’.

Furthermore, the company is even looking to liquidate their GMOcrop facilities based in Germany, France, and the Czech Republic. Monsanto is making a run for it, and food good reason. Nations have been openly voicing their opposition against the biotech mammoth, with officials and individuals nationwide taking a stand. France is one of many nations to call out Monsanto’s crimes, citing health concernsamong the many reasons to reject Monsanto’s GMO crops.

Monsanto Thrown Out Across the Globe

India has also joined the conglomerate of nations directly opposed to the agricultural corruption brought upon by bloated biotechnology giant Monsanto, declaring legal action against the corporation for a crime dubbed ‘biopiracy‘. Peru even went as far as to pass a monumental 10 year ban on genetically modified foods.

It seems that the United States officials are among the few who still swear allegiance to Monsanto, even allowing their genetically engineered hormone RBGH to run rampant in the U.S. despite being banned in 27 nations. Shockingly, the synthetic hormone (RBGH) is actually created using molecules and DNA sequences that are a result of molecular cloning. Are U.S. officials truly convinced that Monsanto’s GMO crops are truly safe, or does it have to do with the fact that many Monsanto employees are at the heart of the U.S. government? Decide for yourself — click the image below to see the relationship between Monsanto and the U.S. government:
    I tried to load this pic, but I get a message that it's too large:
    http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content...government.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast