Thread: Two eggs = smelly farts? page

orielwen is offline Senior Member

Two eggs = smelly farts?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I usually have an egg (amongst other things) for my breakfast. Recently I've been noticing that I sometimes get hungry mid-morning, so I've added in a second egg, particularly on workout days. But in the afternoons and evenings when I've had a two-egg breakfast, I find I produce significant sulphurous emissions. Does anyone else have this problem, and what can I do about it?

JVib is offline Senior Member
    LOL! Nothing like a good fart problem for a laugh. How are you cooking the eggs? I find I can eat 6 scrabbled eggs without out any "extra bad smell"...but hard boiled eggs will cause that sulphurous smell....if I soft boil them (so they are still somewhat liquid in the middle) I don't have the issue.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i sometimes eat 4 eggs per day and do not have this issue, lol.

stop eating eggs and see what happens, i guess? or just pretend you're in a terence and philip episode.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Soft boiled, yolk gooey at the edge and still runny in the middle.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you're allergic?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    But in the afternoons and evenings when I've had a two-egg breakfast, I find I produce significant sulphurous emissions. Does anyone else have this problem, and what can I do about it?
    I have a two egg spinach or mushroom omelette every morning and I don't have the problem.

I wonder if it could be a particular combination of ingredients, rather than just the extra egg, that's causing noxious emissions?
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

ryan54 is offline Member
    I have found that any rumbling in your stomach or gas after eating a food usually means your body does not want it.