Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What areas of primal/paleo are you having the most difficulty with? page 8

Chelw is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me, it seems I've either developed (or simply discovered because I'm more in tune) several food sensitivities that make my digestion extra wonky (has always been wonky). At this point, I don't eat any vegetables except for a little sweet potato and I eat no fruits. Anytime I try fruit or vegetables I get gassy and crampy and it's Imodium city from there. Fiber is not my friend. Also, nightshades appear to give me digestive upset and nerve/joint pain.

It really leaves me with hardly anything to eat and that means I'm constantly out of ideas of what to cook. I've lost my joy of cooking.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Chelw, so you are eating protein only? This won't be completely Paleo (some dairy), but have you looked in to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)? The diet works by starving bad bacteria and restoring healthy flora in the gut; and no complex carbs allowed. A book called Breaking the Vicious Cycle explains it all. Google it.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Chelw is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Chelw, so you are eating protein only? This won't be completely Paleo (some dairy), but have you looked in to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)? The diet works by starving bad bacteria and restoring healthy flora in the gut; and no complex carbs allowed. A book called Breaking the Vicious Cycle explains it all. Google it.
    Thank you! I just Googled it and I will be buying the book. I'd love to get to a point where I can eat vegetables and fruit again.

I mostly eat protein, animal fat, eggs (yolks only), bacon, macadamia nuts (easiest for me to digest), sweet potato, some dark chocolate. I'm not worried about dairy right now. I cut it out for about 8 months but didn't really notice a difference. I have brought it back in somewhat to add variety.
    Last edited by Chelw; 08-04-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678