Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What areas of primal/paleo are you having the most difficulty with? page 2

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Exercise... because I don't like getting sweaty. Ok, that sounds wussy enough to say it to shame me into exercise. Haha

Jenny

tomi is offline Senior Member
    condiments. Store bought ketchup - salad dressings - marinades. I don't eat enough of them to really worry about - but its one of the things that I find the hardest to give up. And ice cream.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

SentWest is offline Member
    Social pressure. Those who seem to think it's a fun game to try to tease me into eating things not on my plan. I don't give in, and handle it with good humor, but it gets tiresome.

Family members who completely buy in to the Gov't Food Pyramid method of weight loss and won't get off my back about not eating bread (because bread is SO good for you).

People in my life who see how much weight I've lost, and how much strength I've gained but still will not give me the slightest credit for knowing what I'm talking about.

otzi Guest
    My biggest problem is focusing too much on food and exercise and forgetting completely about the other, probably more important aspects, of Primal Blueprint:

- Observe seasonal variances in food consumption (The Question of Seasonality in Human Health and Nutrition | Mark's Daily Apple)
    - Be extremely mindful of night/day cycles (Will Blue Light Affect Your Sleep? | Mark's Daily Apple)
    - Experience cold weather in Winter (10 Ways to Stay Active in the Cold Winter Months | Mark's Daily Apple)
    - Find a doctor that will test key labs and get to the optimum reference range (How to Read a Cholesterol Test | Mark's Daily Apple)
    - Practice some type of intermittant fasting (Intermittent Fasting FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions | Mark's Daily Apple)
    - Learn to breathe correctly (How to Breathe Correctly | Mark's Daily Apple )

Judging from the other responses, I'm not alone...
    Last edited by otzi; 07-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    Chocolate/sugar/too much fruit
    Snacking
    Being afraid of hunger and IF

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    wanting more meals that are quicker and easier to make when under financial and family stress that I have been this week. I don't always have the time to plan and cook enough food for 5 people, let alone the extra I have been making this week because of a family crisis.

I was so tempted to order a pizza for dinner today as I was tired, hot and was so busy planning a funeral that I forgot my bp meds today but I pulled something together and it was good, on diet and cheaper. I have been eating a lots of fruit and nuts because that's the only thing that was available for me.

Ljforsyth is offline Junior Member
    Ice cream!

camel is offline Senior Member
    I sort of want to give up natural peanut butter, but I haven't yet. Tried almond, macadamia, walnut and sunflower butter but I don't like any of them. A little peanut butter melted with a ripe banana to dip in it is like the best tasting thing ever to me now.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    exercise. hate it when it doesn't have a purpose other than to get me fitter or stronger.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I sort of want to give up natural peanut butter, but I haven't yet. Tried almond, macadamia, walnut and sunflower butter but I don't like any of them. A little peanut butter melted with a ripe banana to dip in it is like the best tasting thing ever to me now.
    This with a glass of ice cold full fat milk... oh man, I could go through a whole bunch of bananas and a jar of peanut butter.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast