Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 7

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You guys are making me so excited for Friday, when I can officially start!
    I have some Kerrygold to polish off, it'll go into mashed cauliflower and BP coffee, and a first date at a wine bar to survive. Who the hell goes on a first date and doesn't drink anyway? That's like not having the cake at a funeral...
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Inksplat is offline Member
    What are you guys eating that you get so obsessed with food? I mean..if you're already Primal, the only thing you're giving up is dairy, right? For me, all I had to do was switch to cooking in Coconut Oil rather than butter, and not drop cheese into my eggs and such.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    The only thing I did was ditch sugar and dairy and switch to ghee instead of butter. I'm not obsessing... but I think others might be b/c a 30 day challenge signals "diet with extreme restrictions" in some minds. that might be why they're obsessing - their minds are fixated on what they're giving up... maybe?? they're losing their 20% flexibility which might be the big issue for some.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    You guys are making me so excited for Friday, when I can officially start!
    I have some Kerrygold to polish off, it'll go into mashed cauliflower and BP coffee, and a first date at a wine bar to survive. Who the hell goes on a first date and doesn't drink anyway? That's like not having the cake at a funeral...
    Sophie I went on a first date and didn't drink and even skipped the bread (which looked/smelled great). She was an amazing woman and we had a great time. My lack of bread eating / drink actually made a great conversation starter. She was impressed with the success I'd had. Just don't go overboard jawing about it as I've noticed some people's eyes will glaze over quickly :P
    -Chuck

Minky is offline Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

I forgot to mention I need *easy*. When I first went primal a couple years ago, I spent so much time in the kitchen. And I tried recipes for primal ketsup and bbq, and too much work and so-so results. And my schedule is extremely full. But grilling up onions and garlic I can handle. I also thought of the fresh salsa at Trader Joe's. I think it has only real ingredients. Some of that poured over my burger, a few slices of avocado, and a squeeze of fresh lime - I don't think I would get sick of that for awhile!

I just ordered 64 1/4 lb frozen grass-fed organic burgers from Costco. I am totally burned out on chicken lately.

I'm mentally getting ready, and I'm going to see if DH will do it with me. He's not primal, so it would be a much bigger challenge for him. We just got back from a week at Disney with the kids and lots of indulging, so he might be interested...

Minky is offline Member
    Are there any details about food group ratios or how often to eat that can be found for free, or do I need to get the book? I saw someone mention eating every four hours.

Minky is offline Member
    Never mind - just found the Meal Planning pdf - which gives some basic guidelines

I haven't seen the Whole30 Success Guide, if that's what you're referring to. I was wavering on whether or not to purchase it but after searching around, the consensus I came to was that it wasn't worth the $39 (steep for a pdf download in my opinion), especially if you already knew/followed the paleo lifestyle. I take all of my info specifically for Whole30 off of their current "version" link, which in our case is here: The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life. . I'll put the link in the first post of the thread as well for others.

I don't believe there is anything specific about how often you eat. I know in the primal world the idea is usually to follow what your body tells you (i.e. eat when hungry, don't eat when not hungry). I've found that if I'm eating enough fat and protein, hunger usually won't be an issue for me.
    -Chuck

Minky do you mind sharing that pdf, if possible/legal (not sure exactly which pdf you're referring to).
    -Chuck

Minky is offline Member
    Thanks!

I also found this http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List.pdf and this http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal...g-Template.pdf for free
    It does say to eat 3 meals and don't skip breakfast. I never eat breakfast so that will be a big change for me. I am not hungry when I wake up.

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast