Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 65

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well I am sort of starting anew, just not Whole30 in particular. Moreso back to the 80/20 primal (which really, the only difference is alcohol and dairy right?). I think it's more important for me to stay the course of 80/20 than risk another complete meltdown.
    -Chuck

zinnia is offline Member
    Drum roll please.....just in case anyone was waiting......2.5 pounds down! I wish it had been more, but I'm not too disappointed because I could be holding on to some hormonally-based water weight at the moment, and I also don't have much left to lose. I'm 5'2", weighed in at 125.2 lbs on July 27 and weighed in at 122.6 this morning. According to my oh-so-accurate bathroom scale, body fat dropped from 28% to 25% over that time period. I don't put too much stock in those numbers, but the downward trend was encouraging! Also, my face just looks thinner. Wish I could say the same thing about my lower body...

My goal-ish weight is 115 lbs, but I'm really more interested in getting to the 20-22% body fat range, accurately measured. I know it will be slow going, so I am trying to psych myself up for that. I will definitely need to ramp up exercise, and I'm thinking about cutting back on fruit, since I was eating at least 2 servings per day during the whole30. Should be easier to do now that we're heading into fall and I'm not a huge apple or citrus person.

I'm going to reflect a bit more on what I've learned from the whole30 experience and what I'm going to do moving forward, and I'll try to check back in later. In the meantime, I hope to hear some updates from the rest of you!

Jenn, great job on the inches lost. That must be so encouraging even after all the struggles you had this go-around. I'm pulling for you to have a quick recovery from your whole30 burnout and to be able to get back on track. I also peeked in your journal and it sounds like you've identified some non-weight-related personal health benefits of whole30-style eating, so I hope that those will also provide additional motivation

Chuck, thanks for the interesting data you've shared. Have you been able to identify what triggered the insano crazy binge week?

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    I think that mainly the lack of variety and not being as happy cooking and such did it. Granted, it started with a weekend of three birthday parties in a row, but in the past on 80/20 primal I hadn't had any problem since I'd allow myself like one small baked good and a beer or two. I think attempting to be 100% strict was what really sent me on the binge. Then since I had more of that a few days in a row it set me up for a horrible "well I already messed up" kinda week.
    -Chuck

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Chuck, I think that if you binged it's because your calories, around 1900 were too low for you.
    Losing more than 10 lbs in barrely two weeks sounds a bit too fast.

Very interested in doing my first Whole30, although I just need to cut some artificial sweeteners now and then, raw butter and goat cheese. I want to try it but I don't want to loose too much weight. So... will still keep an eye on my calories intake.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Hi Jenn, not sure if you have read what the W30 program is about, but GF cookies, Mountain Dew, icecream, bad oils etc are not permitted 25%+ or any of the time. I'm not sure why you would be expecting any weight loss, when you haven't actually followed the program. I find your posts about eating junk food & not losing weight while struggling on your W30 insensitive to those of us who are genuinely here following the W30 (which is not easy) & to support eachother. You are clearly not following a W30, so why would you come to a place where people are, and post about eating junk food & tell us you are not losing weight?
    Um, I KNOW why I wasn't losing weight at the end... the first 80 days of my whole30 were spot on... I lost 20 lbs in the first 60... NOTHING the following 20, despite following the rules 100% and cutting fruit. W30 approved meats and veggies only.

I have read the Whole30 website. I have read the book - TWICE in fact. I am 100% aware of the rules. The last 10 days or so of the August W30 were bad days. I admit that. This isn't my first rodeo. Been there done that. I wholeheartedly believe that the last 10 days of the August w30 with all the gluten free cookies, mt. dew, ice cream etc were out of rebellion because I'd spent the previous 20 following the rules to a tee and getting nothing out of it, which was counter intuititve based on the first 60 days I completed.

I appreciate your concern about my diet, but if you'd look into the past, you'll see that I was doing fantastically in the two previous threads, and this one I struggled with cravings and maintaining discipline. I would THANK YOU to be sensitive to THAT instead of questioning my insensitivity to those who are following the rules.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-31-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Perhaps I am just being defensive or overly sensitive, but this seems like a rather rude and unsupportive response to me. When someone is struggling is not the time to tell them to go away, it's a time to offer support so they can come back onboard when they are ready to.
    Thanks for the support, chica! I appreciate it more than you'd know. <3
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465