Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 63

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is totally my game plan right now, BestBetter, thanks for the encouragement! I just started taking a Vitamin C capsule, like this one Solaray Vitamin C -- 1000 mg - 250 Vegetarian Capsules - Vitacost, except that it's "timed release" to issue part of the Vitamin C immediately, and the rest over the course of the day. In re-reading gutsense's info on Hydro-C, however, I think timed release might not be what I want right now. I also took an Emergen-C pack (dissolvable powder of Vitamin C, about 1000mg) last night, and it helped within 1/2 hr. Right now, I'm <TMI ALERT> not sure if I'm still constipated, or if my pelvic floor muscles are just so worn out from straining yesterday (had 3 separate eliminations, only the last came out easily after the Vitamin C) that it feels like I am.</ALERT>

I may end up shilling out the $$ for Hydro-C, or I'll look for a comparable product with calcium and C. I don't think I've seen other products that have C, caclium, AND magnsium and potassium, especially not in a powdered form. Does one bottle last about a month?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    One better: The worst thing about finally losing weight is having your wedding band become so loose that it slips off when you don't realize it, so you have to get a new wedding ring.

(And the kicker was that two months after we bought the new ring, I found the old one. It had fallen off when I was cleaning in my son's bedroom, and I found it buried in a mound of stuff there. Yay, but sigh.)
    I had to have my college ring resized from a 9.5 to a 8.25, and it's even beginning to get loose on me again... crazy! I want the stomach fat gone not my fingers! :P
    Last edited by impala454; 08-27-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    -Chuck

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I had to have my college ring resized from a 9.5 to a 8.25, and it's even beginning to get loose on me again... crazy! I want the stomach fat gone not my fingers! :P
    Just make sure you don't lose the ring.

My dad bought his college ring in a HUGE size (he doesn't wear rings aside from his wedding band anyway) because he thought, as a skinny young man in his early 20s, he would "get bigger" (not necessarily fatter, which he did) when he continued growing up. ><

Some of my favorite rings are a bit looser on me now than they were when I was lighter, in college. I guess that's because I've got a similar (or lower) amount of body fat, or it's better distributed, and I have more muscle.

BTW, I had ice cream last night. Fortunately, the yeast control supplements I'm taking seem to have eliminated any nasty flare-ups I might have gotten as a result. It was REALLY good, and just what I needed to motivate me to stick with my no-alcohol, low-fiber, no-sugar, low-carb diet to sort my gut out!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Day 26! I participated in a Sunday Funday. I drank wine. I drank cider. I was drunk and "accidentally" ate a tiny heel of crusty sourdough with real buttah. And I survived it all.
    But, come Monday, I was plagued with crushing cravings for cheese and chewy bread, ala pizza. And a nasty hangover.
    I didn't cave, as I've learned that those cravings were simply a result of re-introducing toxic foods back into my body, like a drug addict who just wants a taste...
    I kept on track and ate my eggs, leftover cauli fried rice, pork and sauerkraut, fruit, roast chicken, and a nuked banana.
    Today, I'm over it. And it's going to be a looooong time before I have another Sunday Funday!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today would be the official end of 30 days for me... I had planned to stick it out til the 31st though... but, this W30 was so much harder than other W30's I'd done. Maybe I made it too difficult by cutting fruit in addition to all sugars. Oh well. I'll try again in January. Wait... son's birthday is in January... maybe February then.

I fully plan to "live" the Whole30 guidelines, but not strictly. If ice cream is presented, I'll likely enjoy some. If gluten free cookies are presented, I'll enjoy some. Milk, same thing, but probably more likely cheese, sour cream and cream cheese before milk. I'll keep it at a minimum and if I find myself going down that slope, I'll jump on board the Whole30 for a few days again. Maybe for a week, two weeks, whatever. But come February, it's on!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That is totally my game plan right now, BestBetter, thanks for the encouragement! I just started taking a Vitamin C capsule, like this one Solaray Vitamin C -- 1000 mg - 250 Vegetarian Capsules - Vitacost, except that it's "timed release" to issue part of the Vitamin C immediately, and the rest over the course of the day. In re-reading gutsense's info on Hydro-C, however, I think timed release might not be what I want right now. I also took an Emergen-C pack (dissolvable powder of Vitamin C, about 1000mg) last night, and it helped within 1/2 hr. Right now, I'm <TMI ALERT> not sure if I'm still constipated, or if my pelvic floor muscles are just so worn out from straining yesterday (had 3 separate eliminations, only the last came out easily after the Vitamin C) that it feels like I am.</ALERT>

I may end up shilling out the $$ for Hydro-C, or I'll look for a comparable product with calcium and C. I don't think I've seen other products that have C, caclium, AND magnsium and potassium, especially not in a powdered form. Does one bottle last about a month?
    I'd suspect that timed-release Vit C won't work, because it seems seems to only produce a BM when you get a bigger dose of C than your body can store. I tried both the Hydro-C, and vitamin C powder (I think ascorbic acid) that I bought in powder form from Trader Joe's (thinking this would be a little cheaper). For some reason, taking the ascorbic acid didn't produce a BM, but Hydro-c did everytime. Maybe it has to be in a specific form? Not really sure. But if your Emergen-C works, then you could stick with that (though I'm assuming it would be more expensively unless you buy it bulk). I'm pretty sure that one bottle of the Hydro-C lasted me about 2 months, taking it almost every day.

Even though I more or less got rid of the constipation, it always returns when I travel. So I bought a bottle specifically to bring around with me, and it works like a charm.

^I love travelling and hope to do more in a couple of years when my boyfriend graduates, so I will keep that in mind. I'm a bit annoyed that I bought that timed release Vit C, don't want to waste money.

Alacer Emergen-C® Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix Tangerine -- 1000 mg - 30 Packets - Vitacost
    A lot of extra ingredients, but very cheap for a 30-day supply. I'll keep looking. Things seem to be clearing up now, but I might buy a week supply of Emergen-C packs to ensure that things keep moving a long initially before I give myself the "all clear"

zinnia is offline Member
    Evening everyone. I don't have much to add tonight, just wanted to check in and be proud of the fact that I am still holding strong with just over two days to go. I overate on nuts again - damn you, giant tub of raw mixed nuts! - but otherwise I have enough meat and veggies around that I'm hoping to coast to the finish line.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I am going to be doing something similar to Whole30 but with specific macro goals for a while. I want to go ketogenic for 2 weeks and see if I can't break this plateau. A friend of mine here was plateauing for 3 months before she tried this macro ratio and has since lost 4 lbs (in like a week). She's doing 10% carbs, 20% protein and 70% fat on 1500 calories a day. She thought maybe she was a little low on fat and since she doesn't work out, didn't think she needed all that protein, so she adjusted based on the information she read here: The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. and it's been working for her. We'll give it a try and see what happens. I'll have to be Whole30 compliant in order to meet that low carb goal - and sadly, will have to significantly reduce my fruit intake... *sigh*

Since I gave up my whole30, I've developed a cough... it's allergy related. it's lovely. (not really). Hoping getting back on track will reduce the symptoms.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)