Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 62

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey folks thought I'd pop in and say hi. My 80/20 primal is going well after my absolute disaster of a week last week. Glad to see everyone is still doing well. Primegal, nice on the clothes! It felt good to me to donate all my old "tents" as well
    -Chuck

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're back to primal, Chuck!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Just checking in. Still on track for my own restrictions, and nothing not primal except a rogue butterscotch candy that was left out. I'm doing what I can to eat healthy and keep my sanity, which has meant eating a lot more yogurt than I'd originally intended. I actually tried my hand at making my own this weekend. My yeast issues seem to be clearing, but the constipation is still an issue. I have to put exercise on hold right now till my body gets more sorted out, which is discouraging.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hang in there, NW. It will get sorted out.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tash, there was a girl on the IPMG FB page who said she had a serious candida overgrowth problem so her doctor put her on what he called "strict Whole30" (I guess he wrote the introduction to the book or whatever). His definition of Strict Whole30 is Whole30 meats only... she hasn't been allowed to eat veggies or fruit for 7 months!! She was questioning the hair loss b/c her hormones, saliva test, thyroid, etc all check out normal. If you wanna read it, look for the one about hair loss. I can't imagine 7 months of eating only meat... I hope that's not the route you have to take.

I officially gave up my whole30 this weekend. I couldn't keep kidding myself that I was still Whole30 when I'd drink a can of mountain dew over a small bowl of ice cream... This plateau is mentally kicking my ass, however I think the ass kicking is getting less and less brutal as this morning I stepped on, saw 189 and just shrugged my shoulders. It is what it is... The scale may be stuck, but my clothes and my husband tell a different story.

I feel like I'm swimming in a large tshirt and my "skinny" jeans (not the skinny jeans they sell, but jeans from when I was skinnier) are getting a touch loose. DH commented on facebook that his wife can make jeans, a tshirt and a ponytail look sexy. lol He's so funny (but it felt good to read it).

The worst thing about FINALLY losing weight is the expense of getting new clothes - even if you get them from a thrift store... it's an expense I hadn't considered.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, quick question... my SIL has recently found her way down to a size 16 jeans... would it be wrong of me to offer to give her my size 16 jeans or would that be like saying "Here, wear my fat clothes b/c they don't fit me anymore"?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The worst thing about FINALLY losing weight is the expense of getting new clothes - even if you get them from a thrift store... it's an expense I hadn't considered.
    One better: The worst thing about finally losing weight is having your wedding band become so loose that it slips off when you don't realize it, so you have to get a new wedding ring.

(And the kicker was that two months after we bought the new ring, I found the old one. It had fallen off when I was cleaning in my son's bedroom, and I found it buried in a mound of stuff there. Yay, but sigh.)

Re: sharing clothes with someone who is losing weight, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, just think about how you offer them. You could potentially offend if you don't word it right, but if you're enthusiastic about her loss, and your own, she might be excited by the future of getting more of your hand-me-downs as you both lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Tash, there was a girl on the IPMG FB page who said she had a serious candida overgrowth problem so her doctor put her on what he called "strict Whole30" (I guess he wrote the introduction to the book or whatever). His definition of Strict Whole30 is Whole30 meats only... she hasn't been allowed to eat veggies or fruit for 7 months!! She was questioning the hair loss b/c her hormones, saliva test, thyroid, etc all check out normal. If you wanna read it, look for the one about hair loss. I can't imagine 7 months of eating only meat... I hope that's not the route you have to take.
    A fiber-free diet is definitely something that could work, but I don't think that's a good route to take. It would also require that I buy top quality meats, which would be massively expenses. I think Gut Sense: How to reverse and prevent constipation in children and adults has more of the answers that I'm looking for. Right now, I'm more concerned about this constipation than anything else. I'm not sure if I should go to a doctor or wait it out. =\

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    A fiber-free diet is definitely something that could work, but I don't think that's a good route to take. It would also require that I buy top quality meats, which would be massively expenses. I think Gut Sense: How to reverse and prevent constipation in children and adults has more of the answers that I'm looking for. Right now, I'm more concerned about this constipation than anything else. I'm not sure if I should go to a doctor or wait it out. =\
    Hey NW, I was just breezing through this thread and saw your post. I've had constipation issues for over 6 years, I understand how absolutely AWEFUL it is to deal with. Obviously, it's not a one size fits all situation, so what worked for me may not for you, but I wanted to offer some suggestions in case it could help (I apologize if this ends up being a really pointless, boring summary of what you already know!)

My constipation was off-and-on for years, initially triggered by a 4 month road trip. Everytime it reappeared, I tried every old wives' remedy (prunes, apples, psyllium husks/fiber supplements, ground flaxseed, salt water, fat, etc...) plus every OTC laxative, plus enemas, 'detox' diets/fasts, etc... Accupuncture helped initially, then didn't. Probiotics helped occasionally, but not usually. I went to 2 gastroenterologists (neither of whom helped).

The thing that absolutely saved me was fiber menace. I can't recommend it enough. Specifically, his Hydro-C is the most (and only) effective thing I have ever taken to promote a BM. It works consistently, there's no gas or bloating, no dependency. Also, I'd recommend taking L-Glutamine (an amino acid that is produced by the body, but during times of stress or injury or illness, the body often can't produce enough of it to make the necessary repairs. It's critical for intestinal healing). And consuming as much fermented/cultured foods and probiotics as you can stand. Also, reducing the fiber is really important. Doing all those things helped my body to heal my IBS-C. It took a few months, so you have to be patient (and the Hydro-C works instantly so you don't have to continue suffering from constipation in the meanwhile.)

To recap:
    1) Hydro-C
    2) L-glutamine
    3) Probiotics
    4) Low fiber

Hope that wasn't a waste of your time!

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast