Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 646

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 61

  1. #601
    SophieScreams's Avatar
    SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Posts
    338
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    BUT, I'm not leaving either... I might be struggling, but giving up will only make it worse. We have 6/7 days left. We can totally do this! Mine isn't perfect (faaaaarrrr from it actually), but it's better than not doing it at all. I'm thinking my next W30 won't be until January. I want to take the month of september off, but then comes thanksgiving and christmas, and quite honestly, I don't want to be restricted during those times.

    So, here's to the last 6 or 7 days!
    That's a great way to look at things, Jenn. And not to mention you've been W30ing for a long time now, it's totally natural to want to rebel! Hopefully, you'll get back into it completely refreshed and ready for battle! I'm happy to hear you've broken up with Mt. Dew. The Dew is such a DON'T!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

  2. #602
    Primegal's Avatar
    Primegal is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    45
    Here's a link to a great post by Melissa at Whole 9 (who co created Whole 30) which helps plan out what happens after day 30.... different options, strategies etc:

    Ride Your Own Bike | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

  3. #603
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    One big thing I've learned is to plan ahead. I had a road trip today for a convention tomorrow. Almost five hours in the car, driving, solo. I had black coffee, water, and Trident gum (not Whole30, c'est la vie) on the way. By the time I got to my hotel room, it was 8:50 pm, and I was feeling the hoooonger. But the only room service here is for sandwiches and sad-looking salads. The last thing I want to do is get back in my car and drive.

    So I pulled out my handy dandy snack bag.

    My dinner tonight consisted of 1 banana, 1 ginger gold apple, and roughly 2 oz of raw almonds. And water. And now I'm satisfied, I'm Whole30, and I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I may ditch the complimentary b'fast buffet here -- or maybe I'll hold my nose and eat whatever eggs and bacon and fruit they have. We'll see.

    For tomorrow, I know that the convention will be serving pizza. So I'll have my last apple and my macadamia nuts, and water. And on the way home, I'll find a restaurant where I can get a massive burger cooked to perfection with avocado slices and sauteed onions. There has to be such a beast somewhere along the way...

  4. #604
    SophieScreams's Avatar
    SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    One big thing I've learned is to plan ahead. I had a road trip today for a convention tomorrow. Almost five hours in the car, driving, solo. I had black coffee, water, and Trident gum (not Whole30, c'est la vie) on the way. By the time I got to my hotel room, it was 8:50 pm, and I was feeling the hoooonger. But the only room service here is for sandwiches and sad-looking salads. The last thing I want to do is get back in my car and drive.

    So I pulled out my handy dandy snack bag.

    My dinner tonight consisted of 1 banana, 1 ginger gold apple, and roughly 2 oz of raw almonds. And water. And now I'm satisfied, I'm Whole30, and I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I may ditch the complimentary b'fast buffet here -- or maybe I'll hold my nose and eat whatever eggs and bacon and fruit they have. We'll see.

    For tomorrow, I know that the convention will be serving pizza. So I'll have my last apple and my macadamia nuts, and water. And on the way home, I'll find a restaurant where I can get a massive burger cooked to perfection with avocado slices and sauteed onions. There has to be such a beast somewhere along the way...
    This is exactly why I ordered Primal Pacs. I've used these as paleo diner-to-go several times already. The jerky and nuts totally fill me up, and the mango slice is like dessert!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

  5. #605
    zinnia's Avatar
    zinnia is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Moving forward I have another 8lbs to lose to get back to top of healthy BMI range (25) & another 3.5 inches to lose around the middle to reverse my metabolic syndrome. I am not planning on stopping eating & living this way until I reach these goals. Once I get there my fertility should increase & I can start treatments again... So this really is my number 1 priority in life- everything else will wait :-) the good thing is I know I can maintain eating 80/20 primal.. But if I want to lose weight I need to take the structured Whole30 approach.
    My sister had been trying to get pregnant for over a year before I convinced her to go low-carb, not for fertility reasons but just because I had such good success and I knew it would be great for her, too. She was unhappy with her body and has the classic blood sugar mood swings, weight on the belly, etc. indicative of a hormonal imbalance. Anyway, she went clean low-carb - the way good old Dr. Atkins intended - lost maybe 15 pounds, and bam! Pregnant in like 2 months. And now I have two cutie twin nephews I didn't realize it at the time, but now I'm sure that getting her hormones in order through food choices was a huge part in her finally getting pregnant. So best of luck to you - you are definitely doing the right thing!!

    I will also continue into September, but slightly relaxed a la "riding your own bike." I'm content to eat whole30-style during the week, but I'd like to enjoy a drink and some non-paleo appetizers with my friends on the weekends every once in a while. But first, I am taking this Labor Day weekend off, since I am taking a trip to visit my sister and said cutie nephews!

  6. #606
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    This is exactly why I ordered Primal Pacs. I've used these as paleo diner-to-go several times already. The jerky and nuts totally fill me up, and the mango slice is like dessert!
    Ooh. I'll have to look into those!

  7. #607
    Primegal's Avatar
    Primegal is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    One big thing I've learned is to plan ahead. I had a road trip today for a convention tomorrow. Almost five hours in the car, driving, solo. I had black coffee, water, and Trident gum (not Whole30, c'est la vie) on the way. By the time I got to my hotel room, it was 8:50 pm, and I was feeling the hoooonger. But the only room service here is for sandwiches and sad-looking salads. The last thing I want to do is get back in my car and drive.

    So I pulled out my handy dandy snack bag.

    My dinner tonight consisted of 1 banana, 1 ginger gold apple, and roughly 2 oz of raw almonds. And water. And now I'm satisfied, I'm Whole30, and I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I may ditch the complimentary b'fast buffet here -- or maybe I'll hold my nose and eat whatever eggs and bacon and fruit they have. We'll see.

    For tomorrow, I know that the convention will be serving pizza. So I'll have my last apple and my macadamia nuts, and water. And on the way home, I'll find a restaurant where I can get a massive burger cooked to perfection with avocado slices and sauteed onions. There has to be such a beast somewhere along the way...

    Thanks for sharing your example & advice. Very helpful! Hope the convention went well & you found & enjoyed that massive burger on the way home :-)

  8. #608
    Primegal's Avatar
    Primegal is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    My sister had been trying to get pregnant for over a year before I convinced her to go low-carb, not for fertility reasons but just because I had such good success and I knew it would be great for her, too. She was unhappy with her body and has the classic blood sugar mood swings, weight on the belly, etc. indicative of a hormonal imbalance. Anyway, she went clean low-carb - the way good old Dr. Atkins intended - lost maybe 15 pounds, and bam! Pregnant in like 2 months. And now I have two cutie twin nephews I didn't realize it at the time, but now I'm sure that getting her hormones in order through food choices was a huge part in her finally getting pregnant. So best of luck to you - you are definitely doing the right thing!!

    I will also continue into September, but slightly relaxed a la "riding your own bike." I'm content to eat whole30-style during the week, but I'd like to enjoy a drink and some non-paleo appetizers with my friends on the weekends every once in a while. But first, I am taking this Labor Day weekend off, since I am taking a trip to visit my sister and said cutie nephews!
    Thanks Zinnia. Always encouraging to hear relevant success stories. Your nephews sound very cute indeed. I am really hoping the weight loss will help my hormones & metabolism balance out. I totally understand why it takes a long time to fix a lifetime of abusing my body, but it is hard to be patient while that window of fertility is closing for age reasons.

    Your plan & weekend away sound really sensible (& like lots of hard earned, well deseved fun). After my W45 I am going to adopt the same plan (W30 apart from special occasions), so I can come out of seclusion & have a small social life again. That said I have been out for a few sashimi meals with girlfriends this last week (& complied & survived), & have also entertained friends & family at home (so I can control the food). They love the main course... but my W30 desserts are not popular, due to lack of sugary sweetness.

  9. #609
    Primegal's Avatar
    Primegal is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    45
    Day 27 today- yayee!! Big pats on the back to any & all W30 survivors amongst us. 11 pounds down this months so far!!!

    I went clothes shopping for the first time since losing 29lbs on the weekend. I had to as my clothes were falling off and looking like tents. Such an unexpected treat having multiple sales assistants saying 'no, let me get you a couple of sizes smaller in that... that one is way to big for you.' 'of course we have your size in these jeans'. I haven't worn jeans in 6+ years, let alone a this seasons fashionable flowery pink pair from a small boutique - yayeee!!!!!

    Going to pack up & store my tents & other fat clothes in case I can hopefully use them as maternity clothes one day. Oh the irony of needing to lose 35-50lbs, in order to hopefully conceive & then put a sizeable chunk of it all back on again during pregnancy..

    How is everyone else going? Only a few short days to go....

  10. #610
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    Hooray to everyone who's sticking with it! Today was Day 28 for me. At this point, saying "no thanks" to pizza is no problem. AND I discovered the joys of **baked** spaghetti squash instead of nuked -- SO much tastier (just drizzle each half with oive oil, then salt and pepper the halves, then put upside down onto a baking sheet at 400 for 40 min. Nom!!!). The biggest argument I got into today was over the cooking oil for eggs. My FIL says "no" to saturated fat. Alas. I relented and agreed to use olive oil instead of bacon fat. (The eggs did not taste nearly as good.) So it was still Whole30, just not happy Whole30.

    I'm stoked by how much better I'm feeling overall. I'll post my final weight loss/inches lost on Day 31, which will be Wednesday.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •