Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 60

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome zinnia!

I have to confess, my Whole30 is pretty much over. Not sure why I've gone so far off the wagon over the past week. Maybe Whole30 was just too much for me to try to do, and I need to get back to the 80/20 primal and stay there. I had a great Whole15 though and learned a lot! Good luck to the rest of yall!
    -Chuck

zinnia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I have to confess, my Whole30 is pretty much over. Not sure why I've gone so far off the wagon over the past week. Maybe Whole30 was just too much for me to try to do, and I need to get back to the 80/20 primal and stay there. I had a great Whole15 though and learned a lot! Good luck to the rest of yall!
    That's ok, Chuck. Thanks for getting us started. Hopefully you'll be able to carry forward whatever you've learned from this experience into a lifetime of healthy, happy living.

So...who all is still at it, or at least sticking around? I'm kind of having a Scarlett O'Hara moment right now. As God is my witness, as God is my witness this whole30 is not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I will never be hungry again.

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Awesome zinnia!

Oh no!! I was wondering whether you needed one of us to call emergency services to pry you out from under that wagon!!! Well ditto what Zinnia said... Thanks for getting us started and sharing your wisdom, experiences & positivity. You really helped me & I am grateful. I hope your W15 helped you too..good luck with your journey :-)

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    So...who all is still at it, or at least sticking around? I'm kind of having a Scarlett O'Hara moment right now. As God is my witness, as God is my witness this whole30 is not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I will never be hungry again.
    I'm still here Zinnia & am determined to make it through. Glad to know you are still here and as determind as ever!! I am down 10lbs (on day 24).. & lots of other benefits happening too. The shift in the scales is a huge psychological boost. Yesterday I tried on trousers I was wearing 4-5 years ago & not only did they fit, but they were a bit looser than I remember them fitting in the past (around the thighs).. also received some very recent blood test results yesterday which indicated my insulin resistance has reversed - WOO-HOO!!! Also my cholesterol is vastly improved. Even though my LDL is high, my triglycerides are very low and HDL is high...so from what I understand though Mark's posts and forum advice, the ratios I have are excellent (& vastly improved from where I was pre primal at the beginning of this year).

Moving forward I have another 8lbs to lose to get back to top of healthy BMI range (25) & another 3.5 inches to lose around the middle to reverse my metabolic syndrome. I am not planning on stopping eating & living this way until I reach these goals. Once I get there my fertility should increase & I can start treatments again... So this really is my number 1 priority in life- everything else will wait :-) the good thing is I know I can maintain eating 80/20 primal.. But if I want to lose weight I need to take the structured Whole30 approach.

That said I truly really empathize with the people who have struggled. It is not easy, especially if you have other health issues. The first time I tried a serious whole food cleanse I felt like I was dying, my cravings were so strong & I felt sooooo sick & exhausted. Turned out I had undiagnosed insulin resistance & adrenal fatigue, which inconjuction with a huge candida die off made such a strong cleanse impossible. So it good that you are listenning to your bodies & learning what you need to address, when and if the time is right.

So who else is still going? Anyone else looking to continue on after the 30 days to reach some goals?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Chuck - you're awesome and fabulous. Congrats on the Whole15, and enjoy the 80/20! Thank you so much for kicking this off.

Zinnia - I'm still here! Third time has been the charm (so far) for me with Whole30. Today is Day 25, and no worries/stresses food-wise so far. Tonight, I wanted something with crunch, and for a moment I was missing chips, but then I remembered my macadamia nuts. Crisis averted.

Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    So who else is still going? Anyone else looking to continue on after the 30 days to reach some goals?
    I'll be continuing into September because this is going so well for me. But there will be planned non-Whole30 meals at that point, so maybe September will simply be paleo for me.

My goal is to lose 2.5" from my hips/thighs/butt. (My HEALTHY hips/thighs/butt, based on Mark's post from yesterday, but still.) I don't care if I don't lose another pound, but as long as the inches slowly keep coming off, I'm very happy.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    I appreciate the kind words folks, best of luck!
    -Chuck

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm still here struggling to maintain W30 compliance. Yesterday was another bad day... it was probably 75/25 primal. Breakfast contained bad fats I'm sure, as we had breakfast at a local cafe (read grease bomb for CW folk). I got into the gluten free cookies again. Have no fear... they're gone now. Other poor choice was ice cream with mt dew. The good and bad of that is that I didn't eat as much as I usually do, and had dew left in the can (like half a can). I tried to drink the dew when I was done and (this is where the good comes in), I thought it was kind of gross. It certainly didn't taste good to me, so I dumped it. That also makes me sad b/c i'll miss my dew.

BUT, I'm not leaving either... I might be struggling, but giving up will only make it worse. We have 6/7 days left. We can totally do this! Mine isn't perfect (faaaaarrrr from it actually), but it's better than not doing it at all. I'm thinking my next W30 won't be until January. I want to take the month of september off, but then comes thanksgiving and christmas, and quite honestly, I don't want to be restricted during those times.

So, here's to the last 6 or 7 days!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sounds like a good plan, Jenn!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Chuck, you'll be missed. I always appreciated your kind words of encouragement.

I'm still ALL IN! Okay... I've had wine here and there. One tiny piece of Lindt 90% (micro amount sugar.) It was for the betterment of humanity though, as I can be a raging bitch pre-ovulation. That said, I'm still 100% grain, dairy, white potato, legume, processed-anything -free. My 20% pizza night or gourmet burger/fries, just once a week, are no more! I've lost 5.6 pounds, made some strength gains in CF, I sleep so much better, and I'm tossing clothes left and right because they just don't fit my shape anymore. I am still breaking out around my jawline, and my boobs tingle, so there's still a hormonal adjustment happening. I'll be continuing W30 into September, just being slightly more lax about wine and dark chocolate. The dairy and cheats are still out, as are the white potatoes.

Glad to see so many of us are still alive and kicking, it's been quite the learning experience!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast