Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 59

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    During my indescretionary periods between W30's, the most I have gained is 4 lbs.

Tash, sorry you have to give up on the W30 so close to the end, but I understand totally. That type of infection is precisely why I had to give up my first one at 23 days. Best of luck to you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

zinnia is offline Member
    Great encouragement, primegal. We're all paying attention to how food affects our bodies and really seeking to understand what works for us and what doesn't, instead of just blithely trying to follow dietary guidelines because someone said so. I think that's the most important part, because it's a lifetime process.

namelesswonder, good luck with sorting out the candida issues. It sounds like a real nightmare. I'm pulling for you that the yogurt helps.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Day 10. 2 lbs down. Not spectacular, but probably good for me as I am so close to my goal.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    I know I'm supposed to stay off the scale but I weighed today and I am down 3 lbs. To be honest I was up a bit when I started the Whole30 so it may be more like 5 lbs. At any rate I'm down a total of 43 lbs for the year. This hasn't been difficult except for eating out; I have to specify no butter, no cheese, no cream, but other than that it really hasn't been that hard. I did up the content of my breakfast a bit, as I'd been getting hungry an hour or two after breakfast, so I am now eating 3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and half an avocado's worth of guacamole (fresh-made). I think that's really been helping with my satiety. Last night I didn't even have supper; just got busy doing stuff and didn't think to eat.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My breakfast has staying power... like I eat lunch simply b/c It Starts with Food says to... I eat 2-3 eggs, 4 slices of bacon and my supplements with tea.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I decided to quit my Whole30 early, to eat yogurt, in the hopes that probiotics from a food source will help my chronic yeast infections. I know there are dairy-free probiotic foods, but it is not in my power to get them right now. I'm doing what I can without exploding, this has been a very frustrating and long journey (just the yeast stuff, not being Primal in general).

I'm still going to be no-sugar, no-starch, no-legumes, and no-grains for the rest of the month, as well as next month. I don't intend on eating any other dairy.
    Health comes first -- you're doing what you need to do to be healthy. Grok on!

I did up the content of my breakfast a bit, as I'd been getting hungry an hour or two after breakfast, so I am now eating 3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and half an avocado's worth of guacamole (fresh-made). I think that's really been helping with my satiety.
    I eat a big breakfast - typically, three eggs scrambled in ghee with fresh bell peppers, onions and minced garlic, and an organic minimally processed chicken sausage (or 4 - 6 strips of Gold-Plated Bacon, with everything in bacon fat instead of ghee) and black coffee.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    My breakfasts have been huge also, 3 eggs in ghee, half an avocado, and coffee with EVCO. My avocado was bad today, and had to sub bacon (oh darn...) That was 3.5 hours ago and I'M STARVING. Haven't been hungry like this in a while, I must need the fiber from the avocado to stay full.
    But it ain't nothin' a few more pieces of bacon can't fix.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

zinnia is offline Member
    I have a whole30 semi-victory. I'm not very good in group social settings, so workplace gatherings are always uncomfortable for me. Normally, I would try to force myself to go, and then at awkward moments I could just take a bite or get another slice of cake or whatever. Since I'm doing the whole30 this month, I don't have that crutch. Although I knew it would be better for my career (and help me to appear less stand-off-ish - really shyness), I skipped the cake-and-punch birthday celebration yesterday. Today, we had an end of summer ice cream social, and I was going to skip that, too. But a superior told me I should go, so I did. Instead of eating an ice cream sundae or a root beer float, I filled my little bowl with the toppings - strawberries, bananas and walnuts. I only talked to my next door cubicle neighbor, rather than "mingling" like I should have. But still, progress! And whole30-compliant progress at that!
    Last edited by zinnia; 08-23-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo

Ooh - toppings for the win! Glad you went, Zinnia.

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast