Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 58

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    WholeMath!

I had an awesome TKD class. Went for a mile walk before, then did all my forms. Class itself was rather high intensity. It was fabulous. I wonder if the healthy carb load three hours prior had anything to do with it.

And I'm totally having fruit in a little bit. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL.

Primegal is offline Member
    Hang in there everyone! Don't be hard on yourselves if everything isn't going to plan. Every day we are learning (& unlearning) what suits our individual constitutions. It is a long process. Years & years of unhealthy eating can't be undone in 30 days. Eating squeaky clean for a period of time seems to accelerate the learning process. We learn what brings us undone, which foods don't agree with us, what to avoid next time, plan with this in mind etc.

The W30 structured approach (with less choices) is working for me at this time, but past attempts have been much, much more difficult. My motivations are really strong this time, work is not stressful & flexible so more time for cooking etc. I am also approaching it from a much healthier place, so it is not such a complete shock to my system.

Any time spent improving, learning & eating/ becoming healthier is an accomplishment, considering the food culture are all surrounded by. I truly believe we are all on the right path & should be kind to ourselves & proud of whatever we have achieved.

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    WholeMath!

I had an awesome TKD class. Went for a mile walk before, then did all my forms. Class itself was rather high intensity. It was fabulous. I wonder if the healthy carb load three hours prior had anything to do with it.

And I'm totally having fruit in a little bit. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL.
    Loving your energy Jackie!! You seem to be FIRING along (even with disturbed sleep). You will crush those last 9lbs in no time!!

After the massive carb load yesterday?

Lost 0.2 pounds.

I'm officially 7.1 pounds down in 24 days (I started on July 30).

Maybe third time's the charm? This particular Whole30 has been almost painless -- which is a sea change from the previous two attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Loving your energy Jackie!! You seem to be FIRING along (even with disturbed sleep). You will crush those last 9lbs in no time!!
    Thanks! Realistically, it's going to take me a while. I'm (not even) five feet tall; for me, 9 pounds is a massive amount to lose -- but "the last 10 pounds are the hardest." Heh. And you know what? I'd happily stay at my current weight (even gain weight) if I still lost inches in my hips, butt and thighs. My oh-so-accurate scale says I'm at 27% body fat; I want to get this down to below 25% (and, ideally, hover around 20%). Before I go fiddling around with hitting macros, I want to see where my body gets to with just eating primally/paleo -- once I plateau for a few months, then I'll start tinkering with fruit intake, etc.

Until then, pass me those strawberries!

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Wow Jackie, 27% is pretty awesome for women especially. I go do a "Bod Pod" run every six months and I'm currently at like 30%, would like to get into the low 20s myself.

So I found the Kroger "low sodium" bacon (which has no sugar in the curing process). I have to say I'm not too impressed. It's so thin I couldn't even pull them off in strips. I bought two lbs though so maybe it'll grow on me. If not I'm not too worried about going back to my super thick cut local butcher shop's bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Hang in there everyone! Don't be hard on yourselves if everything isn't going to plan. Every day we are learning (& unlearning) what suits our individual constitutions. It is a long process. Years & years of unhealthy eating can't be undone in 30 days. Eating squeaky clean for a period of time seems to accelerate the learning process. We learn what brings us undone, which foods don't agree with us, what to avoid next time, plan with this in mind etc.

The W30 structured approach (with less choices) is working for me at this time, but past attempts have been much, much more difficult. My motivations are really strong this time, work is not stressful & flexible so more time for cooking etc. I am also approaching it from a much healthier place, so it is not such a complete shock to my system.

Any time spent improving, learning & eating/ becoming healthier is an accomplishment, considering the food culture are all surrounded by. I truly believe we are all on the right path & should be kind to ourselves & proud of whatever we have achieved.
    Great words! I needed them! Today is my return to it full on! Eggs and bacon this morning and have steaks marinating as we speak for tonight (and a date to enjoy them with)!
    -Chuck

Ooh - date night WITH STEAK! Win!!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem last night, Chuck. I ended up getting a dark chocolate "haystack" (dark chocolate mixed with coconut) and a English Toffee bar (both treats were organic and handmade). But, since the chocolate is gone, I should be ok. Ate a ton of watermelon last night and peed probably 4 times between the hours of 10 and 12 am. Today I feel bloat free. Brought watermelon for breakfast and lunch to finish the meals in a continued effort to shed any water weight...

which brings me to a point. maybe a plateau is actually just a complete loss of all water weight. Maybe my rapid 30 lbs of weight loss was water that my body has finally shed and the reason it's stopped/slowed drastically is b/c I'm actually losing real weight now instead of just shedding water... can a person have 30 lbs of bloat??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I decided to quit my Whole30 early, to eat yogurt, in the hopes that probiotics from a food source will help my chronic yeast infections. I know there are dairy-free probiotic foods, but it is not in my power to get them right now. I'm doing what I can without exploding, this has been a very frustrating and long journey (just the yeast stuff, not being Primal in general).

I'm still going to be no-sugar, no-starch, no-legumes, and no-grains for the rest of the month, as well as next month. I don't intend on eating any other dairy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd doubt you had 30 lbs of water weight loss. I hate to even say this and definitely not suggesting it, but an easy way to see what your water retention is, is to eat horrible and load up on the bad food for a couple days and see how much weight you gain I've done this (not on purpose) several times over the past year or so and noticed a change of about 10-12 lbs at most. So I'd bet that a large portion of your weight loss really was fat loss.
    -Chuck

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast