Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 57

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I was super tempted by some rice last night. Boyfriend makes it with broth/stock and it's really tasty. I wasn't feeling well so it sounded appealing, but I remembered that rice was probably going to bloat me, especially with this candidiasis I've got going on. I went to bed pretty early, but not before eating 1/2 of my 90% dark chocolate (Lindt). It didn't hurt my stomach, but I got a headache instead. Still feeling very frustrated about not having snack foods, which I've felt like I need lately because of this stupid VLC I'm stuck doing.

Thinking about ending my Whole30 early so I can start eating a serving of yogurt everyday.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    I am still completely off the wagon here I was doing so good those first couple of weeks. I can feel the changes too, it's crazy how quickly they come on when you go back to the poison... UGH! Work has been pretty stressful lately too which doesn't leave me as much time to think out/plan out my lunches and stuff. Ok well going to have a big primal grocery store run today and hopefully have an awesome week and finish up these last ten days or so like I started!
    -Chuck

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Things I have learned today:

1. Mandolines are SHARP.
    2. Band-Aids are awesome.
    3. Any dish that calls for thinly sliced butternut squash may not be worth the effort.

Jury's out on that last one; my garlic chicken butternut squash lasagna is cooling and will be ready in about 50 minutes. Considering that I literally bled for this one, I hope it rocks my socks.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Chuck, I'm walking along side the wagon with you... I just polished off a Black and Green's bar that has been hiding in my desk for the last 3 weeks untouched... I feel so super bloated today. My 6 year old jeans are tight around my belly today. I'm back to pushing my waistband down when I sit to avoid the discomfort. Not a good feeling at all. I had spent most of the last 3 weeks in ketosis (evidenced by the antidepressant withdrawal symptoms I was experiencing again - rumor has it that antidepressants are stored in fat cells and when those fat cells burst, the antidepressant chemicals are released into the blood and can trigger withdrawal all over again).

I may not get suckered into the gluten free cookies today, but it certainly hasn't been a straight and narrow day like I had planned. It's really frustrating that I can't seem to beat off that sugar demon no matter how long I go without pleasing it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh no Jackie! Hope you're ok! Use the hand guard!

Jenn let's both get it going again! Back to ketosis!
    -Chuck

after this last square of chocolate is gone... in 3... 2... 1... Ok... back to ketosis starting..... now. lol

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Things I have learned today:

1. Mandolines are SHARP.
    2. Band-Aids are awesome.
    3. Any dish that calls for thinly sliced butternut squash may not be worth the effort.

Jury's out on that last one; my garlic chicken butternut squash lasagna is cooling and will be ready in about 50 minutes. Considering that I literally bled for this one, I hope it rocks my socks.
    Yes, yes they are! I won a few stitches last time I used mine. On zucchini. For lasagne.
    The funny part is that I bought it because I kept cutting my fingers with kitchen knives!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Oh the bloat!!! *UGH*

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Okay, so the Band-Aid is doing its job. Yay!

The verdict on the garlic chicken butternut squash lasagna? YUM. **But** I was so hungry that I ate the entire thing. At 4 pm. We're talking about 1,300 calories and -- get this -- about 90 g carbs! Yes, 1/2 of a butternut squash is nearly 80 g of carbs right there. Heh. Here's the thing: I feel freaking AMAZING, like I could run a marathon. Maybe the healthy carb load will do me good.

I'll find out at TKD tonight, I suppose...

I think I'll take a walk before class.

And maybe not eat again until September...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Healthy carbs are good! I love sweet potatoes, especially after a workout.

So I had one last ding this evening, but that purged the rest of the diet disaster. So I definitely can't claim I've gotten down a whole30. If I can be good the rest of the month then I'll claim a Whole15+9
    -Chuck

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast