Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 56

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    quick side note on the cheese cloth, how in the world do you guys cut the stuff without getting a million little strands everywhere?
    Sharp kitchen shears.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    quick side note on the cheese cloth, how in the world do you guys cut the stuff without getting a million little strands everywhere?
    I just use scissors! lol Seriously. Mine comes in a long sheet trifolded and wrapped around a sheet of like 6x8 cardboard. I unroll 2 widths of the cardboard, cut along the little fold that's there from wrapping it around the cardboard. I then fold it til it's about 3x3 in size. Since I pull 2 widths off, I fold that in half, then half again, which I think is all I do... I may fold it one more time... I don't know for sure right now. That's how many layers mine goes through.

Tash, you can find a pretty big package of the stuff at Walmart in the (of all places) sewing aisle. It's cheap there too... like $2-3.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jackie, you may be right. I've been doing/attempting Whole30's since the beginning of June. This month, it has annoyed me so much more than the other months. I'm just not as committed to it this time around - probably due to the lack of weight loss. I'm on day 22. I intend to stick it out til the end of the month just to say I did 30 days.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    It's always interesting to see how the water weight shoots up like crazy after a bad mess up day or two. But then it goes right back down... Pretty good day today. It's also interesting that the day after I had a crazy sugar/grain filled day I had a great workout. Blah!
    -Chuck

zinnia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Still no smokes or cheats
    Fantastic!!

I'm so happy to (almost) be in the home stretch. I don't have much trouble staying whole30 during the work week, but social events and weekends are pretty tough. I've had a few minor slips here and there but all in all I'm pleased with how it's going. I've more or less come to terms with my dairy intolerance, and I think I've discovered that broccoli and I don't get along well. I should probably explore other veggies in the broccoli family to see if they likewise cause problems.

Aside from food, I'm feeling really good physically. I've had enough energy to get in some walks and sprints. I also ordered You Are Your Own Gym and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of progress I can make just doing some bodyweight exercises at home. I'd like to join CrossFit, but I balked at the expense and the limited number of group workout times offered at the local CrossFit gym. I don't want to get cut, per se, but I'm at the point where I'd like to focus on leaning out and adding a little muscle.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I, too, had minor slip ups this weekend. A little wine here, veggies cooked in unapproved oil there...

Not to get all touchy-feely here, but perhaps learning some self-compassion for our mistakes is part of the Whole30 program?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Not to get all touchy-feely here, but perhaps learning some self-compassion for our mistakes is part of the Whole30 program?
    I think it is. Eating primal or paleo isn't a diet; it's a lifestyle. So there aren't any cheats. Some days are more primal/paleo than others, that's all. Once we start getting into the "I'm cheating" mindset, primal/paleo becomes a diet.

I'm learning not to sweat the small stuff. In restaurants, the oil that sautees my onions probably won't be coconut or olive. I'm OK with that. I'm eating more (a lot more) on some days than on others, and I'm OK with that too.

At this point, I'm not going to stress the macros. When I get to a point that I've stopped losing weight and inches for months, then I'll look at the macros. But I'm 9 pounds and 2 inches away from where I want to be, so it's probably going to take me a long, long time to get there. And I'm OK with that too.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I just don't like the cheat word. It implies that you did something terrible, when in all actuality, it was just food!

We've all done so well! Some journeys end here, others go on. Either way, it's fine. Like you said Jackie, this is a lifestyle. There are detours and roadblocks along the way, and it's part of the journey.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    You're right, Sophie. We all rock.

Day23... went overboard with the gluten free cookies last night. *smh* Tonight will be a cookie free night simply b/c I won't be home.

Feeling B.L.O.A.T.E.D. today. Like bad bloated. Like my pants are too tight bloated. Hoping to flush some of it out today.

I think everyone is doing a good job too. I think once this W30 is done, I'm going to take a break from W30's for a while. Live Primally for a while and not sweat it so much. I have a pretty good grasp, I think, on what foods do what to me. Sugar makes me bloated to beat hell. Dairy makes me break out. Bad oils make my sciatic/piriformis syndrome flare up.

Thanks for the link to that book, Zinnia. I'm going to check it out.

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast