Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 54

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Minor cheat today with some honey in my chai. It was well worth it, though my gums felt bad instantly. Ah well, back to boring old Whole30.

I really need to find some no-starch, no-sugar, nut-free snacks for when I just feel like eating. I know I need it because I'm being more active, it's very frustrating feeling like I have nothing to eat! Avocados would be awesome, but I hate going to the grocery store multiple times a week.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Chipotle is a great primal friendly place to go.

I hope everyone is doing ok, not so great right here. I think I am in need of an intervention... basically a disastrous weekend diet-wise, not sure if it's just some natural need to revert when trying to be 100% on diet, but Fri-Sat-Sun my discipline has pretty much left the building. I had friend's birthday parties three days in a row, and I can't even really use that as an excuse as I've staved off bad stuff before, but it's like "ok I'll allow this one thing" at a party Friday, so then Saturday I allow a little more, then today I allow a little more and found myself downing the "poison" left and right. Ugh! It's mostly been purged hopefully though and I got steaks thawing in the fridge as we speak, so hopefully back on tomorrow.
    -Chuck

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I completely dropped out sadly but tomorrow is another day for my Whole 8 then Whole 11

Had a majorly nasty Crohn's flare so after a few days of nothing but bone broth I said 'heck' and cheese and I have been inseparable.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    You know what? The parties are done. They're in the past. Nothing to fret over. Eggs and bacon are waiting patiently.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I'm jumping on board tomorrow. W30 20 Aug until 18 Sep. I've been primal for 2 1/2 years, but have never taken out dairy, and am somewhat too fond of the nightly wind down wine or vodka. This should be a good kick in the ass that I really need.

The best part is that hubby is on board. I never expected he'd be willing to go full on, but I convinced him to read It Starts With Food, and though he's been following me since the beginning, he now is ready to understand the WHY and is pretty keen about it. The past week, we've been nearly there in preparation, and he was willing to pitch in on making foods today to prep for the week. Extra chicken is baked for lunches, and a sausage/spinach/mushroom/pepper egg bake is ready for breakfasts. Nice.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I started on July 30. Here are my three-week stats:

Weight lost: 6.9 lbs
    Inches lost: 0.5 from waist; 1.4 from hips

It's getting easier not to freak out when eating out. Yesterday, my family and I went to the Intrepid -- overpriced museum cafe fare for lunch, then a diner for dinner. All I had for lunch was an apple; I didn't trust anything else there (and I'm sure there was wax on the apple, but what can you do?), so I had that to tide me over. (I'd had my typical large breakfast of 3 eggs scrambled in bacon grease with peppers, onions and garlic, plus my gold-plated bacon, and black coffee.) We did a boatload (hah, see what I did there?) of walking all afternoon, and then at the diner, I ordered hot tea, the 9 oz angus burger (no bun) with sauteed onions and avocado slices, and a garden salad (no croutons, no cheese). The oil for the onions probably wasn't Whole30, but I'm not sweating that. Dinner was AWESOME. I inhaled it. (I did have exactly one chew of a piece of Trident on the ride home before I spat it out; covering my Whole30 eyes for that one.)

Today I'll be having eggs/bacon for breakfast, then finishing the PaleOMG chicken enchilada stew for lunch and dinner, maybe with a salad in there too.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome Jackie! Glad you're doing so well! I'm eating some eggs as we speak... will probably need to make a fru fru grocery store run today at some point.
    -Chuck

Primegal is offline Member
    Way to go Jackie!!! Getting out there, enjoying yourself & staying compliant!
    I am not so brave... just cooking for myself, avoiding situations which typically bring me undone.. feeling determined, building momentum.

So far I have lost 7.7lbs somewhere & 0.5' around the waist. Still no smokes or cheats

My Husband came back from an OS trip today. We were walking in the park. A lady I hadn't seen in a few weeks came up & said she hadn't recognized me from a distance. She was wondering who the woman was that my Husband was out walking with.. once she got closer she realized it was actually a much thinner me. Nice!!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Still following your thread even though I haven't posted. Today is day 8. No cheats yet except for a bit of stevia, and I'm not going to panic about that.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking about starting the whole 30 Sept first. I'm not big on dairy, but I don't know how I'll survive without that 1T of heavy cream in my morning coffee. Black coffee doesn't sound, look or taste even remotely appealing to me.
    Maybe I can justify that little bit of cream by not eating nuts. LOL

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast