Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 53

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I hugely appreciate this suggestion. And if my cat weren't 19, I'd do it. But she's so old. I don't want to do anything that's going to confuse her. I know, I know: I'm a total sap.
    Cats sometimes do this when they get old and senile. It's not necessarily a behavior issue, more of a geriatric problem. The quiet household is discomforting, especially if the cat is losing her eyesight and/or hearing. I'll bet she screams if she thinks she's alone, too. My 22-yo and 7-yo "psychologically disturbed" kitties did that. All I could do was try to get them into bed with me.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Well I let a bored Friday night get the best of me. Too many W30 fouls tonight to even speak of. Darn, I had such a good rest of the day too

Ah well, hopefully my body will fight it all off tonight, will need to stay good for a while. Still two weeks to go!
    -Chuck

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, the scale read 189.8. Today, 188.6. I'll TAKE it!

The other night I had a piece of cheese. Yesterday, my face broke out with 3 zits. Awesome. Sad b/c I was hoping cheese would be able to come back.

Picked up a watermelon yesterday. It needed more time on the vine and in the sun... not very good. Probably going to get a different one and hope for better luck.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Rah, Jenn!

No worries, Chuck. We're only human. I hope you enjoyed the non-Whole30 food. Now get back on the wagon. **offers helping hand**

Sophie, I love my cat. But if she lives to 22, I'll lose my mind. She's destroying my office and wrecking my sleep.

Yesterday, we went out to eat. Smoky Bones. Usually, their pulled pork is a safe bet, as long as I don't add any mopping sauce or have my baked potato loaded, I'd be fine. Well, there was definitely **something** in the pork besides pork and spices, despite what I was told previously. Some sort of sugar, definitely, and something that, after we left, had my lips, tongue and gums tingling, and there was an awful aftertaste. Blerg. And I craved sugar -- bad sugar, like ice cream -- something fierce. I wound up having fresh blueberries, strawberries and a banana. Heh. Oh, and I had about 1/2 of a baked potato, plain; they had sweet potato fries, but not actual sweet potato. Yeah. Lousy experience. I hate going to a restaurant and feeling like I could have done a better job cooking at home.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I turned a blind eye in terms of quality control today. We went out for Mexican and I ate the guac without asking if there was sour cream, ate the salad even though there was (cheddar) cheese, and didn't ask about how the fajita steak was cooked. Likely doused in bad oils, based on my mild heartburn. I'm going to drink some water with apple cider vinegar, and all should be well.

I'm glad that the temptations of wheat and sugar are low right now. I just hope I can keep avoiding those things as I continue to recover for the next few months. I had a sip of a free beer at the liquor store (Boyfriend wanted something) the other day. It was made with corn! Definitely never buying that stuff. I can't wait till I can start sampling pumpkin ales.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Old habits are rearing their ugly heads. All I want to eat today is some combination of cheese and grain. Mac n' cheese, pizza, nachos, cheese wontons. It's like I have this unconscious desire to muck up all my hard work. I've lost 5.2 pounds, which is difficult for me to do. I decided to stuff myself with fat, and it seems to be working. As in, it's working to the point that I'm too full to eat any "real" meals. I've had eggs, sausage, pistachios, a plum and a banana today.

Also, my social life is in overdrive this weekend, and everyone wants to eat out and order drinks. I'd normally be delighted with the number of invites I'm getting, just wish I could participate some more.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Had a big ol' BBQ today that we did in the park. Was a ton of fun. All I drank was water; I brought Applegate Farms Organic Beef Hot Dogs (nitrate/nitrite free) and had 3 of them w/mustard, sauerkraut, veggies and a fabulous tomato/basil/olive oil/balsamic vinegar dish. No buns. Ignored all the chips, desserts and assorted junk, and didn't feel tempted at all. Tonight, as a treat, I had a fruit salad of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and half a banana. YUM.

Had a big ol' BBQ today that we did in the park. Was a ton of fun. All I drank was water; I brought Applegate Farms Organic Beef Hot Dogs (nitrate/nitrite free) and had 3 of them w/mustard, sauerkraut, veggies and a fabulous tomato/basil/olive oil/balsamic vinegar dish. No buns. Ignored all the chips, desserts and assorted junk, and didn't feel tempted at all. Tonight, as a treat, I had a fruit salad of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and half a banana. YUM.
    I'm super-hooked on those Applegate dogs! They're like the filet mignon of hot dogs.
    Your entire days sounds delicious!

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    No worries, Chuck. We're only human. I hope you enjoyed the non-Whole30 food. Now get back on the wagon. **offers helping hand**
    Thanks! I'm needing it!
    -Chuck

zinnia is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA the last few days - it's been a busy weekend! On Saturday I drove a group of new international students around on a tour of our town and then took them to a housewarming at my church (people donate furniture and other household items and the students can take whatever they want for free). We weren't done until mid-afternoon, and one of the students insisted that I eat some dumplings at her place. I know you don't have to eat anything if you don't want to, but I felt like it would be incredibly rude and non-welcome-to-America-ing to say no, so I did have two. And then I followed it up with Chipotle, which is not perfect but probably the most primal-friendly fast food out there. I did better yesterday evening, because I managed to avoid the alcohol and chips while at the lake with some friends.

I just did my grocery shopping and cooking so I have dinner to last me through the week. I made Greek meatballs and porkchops and peaches. Hope they're good!

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast