Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 50

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Huzzah, Zinnia! Awesome job.

Yeah, Chuck! Good for you for identifying how you feel after eating those specific non-paleo foods -- that will help you going forward. A little sin in the name of overall education - that works! (And rah on the first date!)

Islandwahine - whew, fasting! Good for you. I'm not a fasting sort of gal (well, not planned, anyway), and I highly admire folks who can fast without a problem.

Paula - rock on! You're doing great. I hope you avoid the low-carb flu.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    After I posted, I ate a couple cherry tomatoes and the cravings for the cookies were gone. Rest of the day was W30 compliant.

In case you're wondering, scale still hasn't budged... lol

Rainy day here today. That's good. We need it. It's probably too late as most of the fields around here have turned brown, but other stuff still needs the water for survival - grass, trees, flowers, etc. My flowers are trying to bounce back and the grass is turning green again, so maybe not all is lost. It was certainly hard getting out of bed this morning as a result, though. There's nothing quite like sleeping during a rain/thundershower.

Chuck, congrats are in order for a good first date. Hopefully there will be many more to come and things work out beautifully for the two of you. Was this a blind date? You said she was pretty cute like you hadn't seen her before. Just curious.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I almost cheated yesterday. I bought some chocolate (expensive, for such a little bar, and now I can't even remember if it had soy lecithin in it!) at the grocery store. I put it straight in the freezer when I got home, though.

I can't stop eating lately! Even now, I had a big breakfast (pork chop and 3 eggs over easy), but I want to eat! Time to drink some water. I brought some chai tea (organic, no weird ingredients either) and a small container with coconut creme (the thick stuff from the top of a Native Forest can of coconut milk, SO TASTY) to have later today in my new work mug. I'm really looking forward to it. It's nice to have a treat that isn't actually sweet at all, but seems like it is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

The Native Forest CM that I saw at the health food store had guar gum in it, so I passed. Does yours? I've been getting Golden Star from Walmart b/c it's coconut and water only, but I read that the cans they're in have BPA (or whatever that bad substance is), and Native Forest is one that does not... but it's got that guar gum... I know guar gum isn't "bad", but I don't want my CM emulsified...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Thai Kitchen is the only brand I've been able to find, went to a different store and found Native Forest so I grabbed it, didn't even look at the label. I'm not sweating the guar gum. Thai Kitchen doesn't separate, which is not what I wanted. Golden Star is supposed to be good, from what I recall.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

It's good in the sense that it's only coconut and water, no other additives. A primal VICTORY!

islandwahine is offline Member
    Islandwahine - whew, fasting! Good for you. I'm not a fasting sort of gal (well, not planned, anyway), and I highly admire folks who can fast without a problem.
    Thanks Jackie. I've tried to plan fasts in the past and failed. This one just happened. Being busy all day was the only way I pulled it off.
    Time to eat some breakfast then go for a walk. Have a great day everyone!!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like everyone had a success to celebrate yesterday! We are an absolutely AWESOME bunch, ain't we?!

My date voted down our other dining company, who ended up wanting philly cheese steak grease-bombs (not even in my SAD days...), and we went to a nice steak house by ourselves. We both got the filet. I 86ed the crispy potato garnish and ate some of the local tomatoes and green beans, then attacked that divine filet. I'm sure it wasn't grassfed, but it was delish. I think the demi glace had butter, I was slightly gassy later on. Butter was the only dairy I was going to reintroduce, but now I'm afraid I'll have to break up with all dairy after this W30.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Chuck, congrats are in order for a good first date. Hopefully there will be many more to come and things work out beautifully for the two of you. Was this a blind date? You said she was pretty cute like you hadn't seen her before. Just curious.
    Thanks! Yeah it was a blind date. Dating website kinda stuff.

Gave blood today, that's a minus 600 calories right there :P (easiest workout ever!)
    -Chuck

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah it was a blind date. Dating website kinda stuff.

Gave blood today, that's a minus 600 calories right there :P (easiest workout ever!)
    Really? 600 calories? I gotta check this out...
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-16-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast