Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 49

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just consumed two Lucy's Gluten Free chocolate chip cookies... contents: soy milk, cane sugar. Were they good? Yes. Very. Were they worth it? No. Because they've triggered a desire to keep eating them for their sweetness and their crumbly crunch. Why, oh, why did I eat them??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, toss em. I know many hate to throw away food but honestly that works. And no putting the box in the trash either, you open them up and toss the bare cookies in there. I used to do that with chips now and then when I'd catch myself binging on them. I'd have a whole family sized bag of Doritos or something. I'd eat 2-3 servings worth and then regret it, and immediately turn the bag inside out into the trash. No desire after that Sometimes I'd also give them to a cute neighbor girl of mine
    -Chuck

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I agree, chuck them! If they're your son's, maybe he can survive the rest of the week without any (to allow the cravings to pass).

Sex With Your Pants On | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    I just found this article and it made me chuckle. Thought I'd share.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Got a date tonight, at a Mexican restaurant... hmm we'll see how I do
    Me too! Haha!

I'm doing steak or carnitas with guac.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Share your fake VFFs with us... where did you get them??
    They're Adidas Adipures. Love them. They're the only glove-toe shoes I can find that are kind to wide feet.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sex With Your Pants On | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    I just found this article and it made me chuckle. Thought I'd share.
    Thanks!

zinnia is offline Member
    I went to a mexican restaurant this evening to catch up with my roommates, who I haven't seen in a few weeks. Since I'd already eaten dinner and am not drinking alcohol this month, I just had water and chatted. But here's the best part - I didn't feel deprived!! That, folks, is perhaps the biggest accomplishment of my whole journey so far.

Chuck and Sophie, I hope your dates were successful, even if not fully whole30 compliant

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    So I cheated, had a small order of green chili steak flautas. So four corn tortillas is the damage. What's funny is while they were very good, I honestly could have just broke them apart and had the filling, I love green chili. Other than that I did have like four chips with salsa. After eating them I realized I didn't even really want them. So even though I messed up, it was good to get that "blah I don't really need this" feeling. I still hit my macros today and was even low on calories. Anyways just wanted to confess my sins

Funny article, though I don't know how much I agree with them. I have had many of the "paleofied" or "primalfied" foods and you know, as long as you stay away from the wrong foods, I don't see why it matters. If I put some ground beef with various veggies and some homemade tomato sauce, what's the difference whether it's a "meatza" or just mixed up in a bowl? Now yeah you want to stay away if the paleofied food is going to tempt you to get its non-paleo equivalent, but if that's not the case then what's the big deal?

oh and p.s. the girl was pretty cute and we had a good time (was a first date)
    -Chuck

islandwahine is offline Member
    I just completed my first 24 hour fast!! I'm so proud of myself! I'm still surprised I did it. I was out and about from 8-1pm then came home...being home made it harder but I just keep drinking water and stayed out of the kitchen...right around 4ish I started getting really hungry but my kids kept me busy with homework and my hubby arrived home at 5pm. I'm glad I made a big pan of lasagna yesterday so I didn't have to cook dinner for the hubby and kids. I did count down the minutes until 6pm then I made myself a BAS with salmon. It was awesome!!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 is done and I am starting to get that giddy, I feel great feeling. No carb flu yet, but I am drinking bouillon to add more sodium. Many ketogenic experts recommend this and it works well for me any time I am coming off a carb high back to strict low carb.

Impala454 - Glad the date was fun.

Zinnia - Congrats on staying the course.

islandwahine - That's Great! Fasting is hard.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast