Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 47

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 17 for me. Today, I've added some jogging to my walk. I need to build my endurance for sparring in TKD, and my instructor highly recommended running. Ugh. Hate running, but I want to get better at sparring. And so.

Been holding steady at a 6-pound loss. BUT I've lost almost 1.25" from my hips! YES.

My MIL is coming for dinner on Friday - and she's bringing lasagna. Sigh. I have to find a paleo "lasagna" for me (and whoever else in my family would like to try it, of course).

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Ooh. I think I found the recipe for me!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Took my second dose of Diflucan yesterday, had some die-off symptoms this morning. Really hoping the yeast infection goes away because it didn't with the first dose!

Still on track, but didn't follow my own advice with nuts yesterday and went overboard. I'll bag them into individual servings tonight.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What are the die off symptoms? I've only had a couple of infections, brought on by extended use of antibiotics, so I am relatively clueless when it comes to chronic infections.

Here is a shot of what my day looks like today. I'm going high protein, low carb today b/c I'm in a state of HOLY DOMS after running 2 days ago and lifting yesterday. Major muscle repair is necessary, so major protein is necessary. I make this plan after packing lunch and leaving for work or I might have chosen some lower fat options (hence the chicken breast for dinner). Thoughts?

Todays Meals.jpg
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Here is a shot of what my day looks like today. I'm going high protein, low carb today b/c I'm in a state of HOLY DOMS after running 2 days ago and lifting yesterday. Major muscle repair is necessary, so major protein is necessary. I make this plan after packing lunch and leaving for work or I might have chosen some lower fat options (hence the chicken breast for dinner). Thoughts?
    PS, if I can keep my hands off the pineapple/strawberry/coconut cream dreaminess in my freezer, fat will be considerably lower. As will carbs, but that stuff calls to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    That looks amazing! my suggestion was going to be to find some rice pasta instead of wheat... but this looks MUCH yummier!

Funny... I bump my calories up 200 so that I don't have to see the negative numbers and it says my weight loss over the next 5 weeks will be the same... stupid CW logic... that's 1400 more calories per week, 7000 over a 5 week period... shouldn't my weight loss be 2 lbs less over the 5 weeks??

Todays Meals.jpg

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Hey folks we're officially halfway done! (for those that started on the first)

Jackie thanks for that link, that site looks like it has some awesome recipes!

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I just found this thread and read straight through. I'm in day 3 and just wanted to say I found your posts very inspiring.
    Welcome aboard!
    -Chuck

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Ohhhhh! That looks amazing! My tummy started rumbling as I read over the recipe.
    It only calls for a 1/2 lb of chicken? That must be a typo.

How's everyone feeling? Halfway there!!!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Since it's Julia Child's 100th birthday today, here's some of my favorite bits of her wisdom:

"Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”

“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit. ”

“The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.”

“I think every woman should have a blowtorch.”

Bon A Petiet!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast