Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 46

heatherdarbs Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, I'm a special flower. I need at least 2 hrs to digest or I sleep like crap. Everybody is different, I guess!
    Ha! Yes; so true. I was nervous with my approach, but it seems to be ok

islandwahine is offline Member
    Thanks everyone!! I'm just feeling like I need something extra..With my school schedule I will only be able to go 2x a week..the Crossfit near me has gotten great reviews...

janie is offline Senior Member
    I just found this thread and read straight through. I'm in day 3 and just wanted to say I found your posts very inspiring.

Primegal is offline Member
    Another week of W30 approved meals/ recipes collated by the foodee site.

Whole30 week 3 menu

Anyone else been enjoying breakfast hashes (e.g. Sweet potato, vegetables etc)? I'm fairly new to cooking my own, but so far they are helping me look forward to eating breakfast for the first time in years. Especially with a tummy poached egg on top! Was also reading my W30 success guide again where they recommended (where possible) having fruit at the end of a meal, rather than separate snack. Been trying this for a few days & feeling fuller for longer, & not needing fruit I between meals.
    Don't know if this is what got things back on track, but the scales and inches started moving again back in the right direction (after about a week of no change.

zinnia is offline Member
    Paula, welcome back! Setbacks are tough, but the important thing is to recognize them, dust yourself off, and get going again. It sounds like you have some very compelling health issues as additional motivation to walk the straight and narrow. And we're all here to support each other

Everything is going well as far as food choices. I cooked a bunch on Sunday, which has really been helping me this week. Yes, leftovers are a bit boring, but I am hungry when I get home from work and in no mood to shop or cook. So much easier to make a good dinner decision when it's already sitting in your fridge. I'll get a special treat on Thursday, because I told a friend about my "elimination diet" and she's cooking me a Whole30-approved meal. It's very sweet of her, especially since she is one of those "eat less meat, eat more heart-healthy-whole-grains" types. Maybe my success will inspire some change!

I also FINALLY got in a good workout today - a long walk in my new VFFs with a couple of short sprints thrown in. I'm sure Grok-me would have been eaten by the lion, but it's a start.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    I'm sure Grok-me would have been eaten by the lion, but it's a start.
    You and me both. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    I'm back on track this morning..going to drink lots of water today to help flush out what I put in. Thinking of joining Crossfit..just found out that it's only $80 a month if your a full time student but I am so afraid to try it...I can't do a single pull up..I just feel like I'm not in "shape" enough...how was it when you all started crossfit?
    This is my second month. I'm a long way from anything other than an assisted pullup. But you do YOUR best, not the best in the class. While there's a competitive spirit in terms of keeping track of times/weights/etc., it's just for support and encouragement, not to single people out for not doing as well. I've already seen improvement in my strength -- last month, I cleaned only 60 pounds, and yesterday I cleaned 70+.

It's intense, no lie. And when I'm doing it, part of me wonders why the hell I'm not on a couch somewhere watching Farscape reruns and eating chocolate. And then an hour after class, I feel freaking AMAZING.

It's tough, but not impossible. And so far, it's the best darn weightlifting class that I can find.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Guys, have you checked out Paleo OMG? Fabulous recipes.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 - I am steadily losing the vacation water weight. So far so good, the real withdrawals haven't hit yet. Yesterday with lunch I ate a Georgia peach with coconut milk. Yum!

Zinnia, Thanks for the encouragement.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay! I'm down 3.6 pounds of pure blubber!
    ***commence celebratory booty shakin'***

I had to force feed myself yesterday. It was a Crossfit day, and so's today, therefore fasting was out of the question. Ate some beef, broccoli, nuts and some fruit. I'll try to do better calorie-wise today.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast