Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 45

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Another "tip" that I usually follow (and am ironically not following right this second) is to never eat within 3 hours or so of bedtime. I don't see that discussed too often among the primals. I see it as very important to good sleep/recovery/etc. I'm only eating late tonight because I spent the evening at the hosp with family (nothing bad, thank God).
    This is a great tip, IMO. Last night was a testament to the power of eating earlier: I ate dinner around 9:30 because we got groceries late (running out of food is dangerous!), and couldn't fall asleep until 2AM! I usually get to bed around 10:30 and am out within 30 min. It truly sucked.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Another "tip" that I usually follow (and am ironically not following right this second) is to never eat within 3 hours or so of bedtime. I don't see that discussed too often among the primals. I see it as very important to good sleep/recovery/etc. I'm only eating late tonight because I spent the evening at the hosp with family (nothing bad, thank God).
    It Starts with Food suggests cutting yourself off of food by a certain number of hours before bed, especially anything that might be especially sugary like fruit, because leptin and insulin will drop over the night and you could wake up at 2 am hungry. I haven't experienced this, but I can see how eating late could cause hormone shifts throughout the night and disrupt sleep.

Ran barefoot (well, socked) yesterday at the gym on the track. Felt great. Today the calves are a bit tight, but I've read that is to be expected when just starting out barefoot as the calves aren't used to working like that. It's a good kind of sore. Reminds me that I did something yesterday! Today is LHT day... I'll do upper body stuff and give my lower body a break.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    This is a great tip, IMO. Last night was a testament to the power of eating earlier: I ate dinner around 9:30 because we got groceries late (running out of food is dangerous!), and couldn't fall asleep until 2AM! I usually get to bed around 10:30 and am out within 30 min. It truly sucked.
    Wow - I eat chicken or turkey every night within an hour of going to bed and I sleep like a log, don't need fuel for my workout in the morning and my body is shrinking....hmmmm.....

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah, I'm a special flower. I need at least 2 hrs to digest or I sleep like crap. Everybody is different, I guess!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

islandwahine is offline Member
    Just checking in...I had an awesome weekend. Then Monday came and I blew it!! I jumped on the scale and was up 3lbs what the HELL...Feeling frustrated and already in a bad mood I went about my day. Had a quick visit to my college to make sure all my documents where in order before school begins next week and was told if my Dr does't fax over my blood work I wouldn't be able to start my dental program. My Dr's office refused to send the blood work until I get my TB test complete next week...gosh it was a never ending battle of he said/she said...I'm waiting to call them again this morning. Wish me luck..

I ended up in a grocery store in the bread/ donuts section and was so damn tempted to eat everything.... I ended up eating some sushi and more rice later in the day...I actually felt better after eating the rice...

I like a few of you have see little to NO results on this W30...I think my added stress level is making everything worse...

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, I'm a special flower. I need at least 2 hrs to digest or I sleep like crap. Everybody is different, I guess!
    I like something carby before bed, if I'm going to eat late. A banana or squash or something.

Confession Time:
    I drank a glass of red wine last night. And loved it.
    That is all.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

islandwahine is offline Member
    I'm back on track this morning..going to drink lots of water today to help flush out what I put in. Thinking of joining Crossfit..just found out that it's only $80 a month if your a full time student but I am so afraid to try it...I can't do a single pull up..I just feel like I'm not in "shape" enough...how was it when you all started crossfit?

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    I'm back on track this morning..going to drink lots of water today to help flush out what I put in. Thinking of joining Crossfit..just found out that it's only $80 a month if your a full time student but I am so afraid to try it...I can't do a single pull up..I just feel like I'm not in "shape" enough...how was it when you all started crossfit?
    The first few weeks were brutal. I mean it. There were days I couldn't walk, drive, or write, I was in so much pain. I was yoga fit, but not all-around fit. I'm three months in, and finally feeling like I'm making some real progress. You don't have to do a real pullup either, mods are perfectly acceptable. I still do pushups on my knees. Do get some gloves if you start going, ripping your hands on the pullup bar makes the rest of your workout nearly impossible to finish!
    The recommendation is three days on, one day off, and believe it or not, it's a lot less painful to work out on consecutive days than every other day. Two to three days a week is plenty. You don't have to be in any particular shape to start, there are all body types and ages at my box.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    They will train you based on your current status. They won't send you into heavy weights/difficult moves until you're ready. I don't CrossFit... Wish I could afford it - both monetarily and time-wise.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Island don't worry so much about seeing immediate results! See my post #431 above.

Everybody just simmer down! We're not even halfway through yet!

Do not even worry about being "in shape enough" for Crossfit. I'd bet that 75% of the people at Crossfit cannot do a single pullup (including myself ). They will scale everything to help you, and trust me it's awesome. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of going there. Everyone I've seen has been extremely helpful and encouraging, and the atmosphere is very family like.
    -Chuck

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast