Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 44

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have lost 115 lbs to date. I have every bit of that loss graphed out because I'm a total data nerd. I can tell you all, it took me over three years to do it. And that graph is not a straight line by ANY sense of the imagination. Sure, there was a couple of very steep slopes of loss, but in between those there was extremely flat plateaus, and even a few spots where it goes uphill. It is not a steady downhill for anyone, don't expect it to be different for you, or feel like what you're doing isn't working because it's not a steady downhill. Take a look at my nerdy chart! (and the extremely out of date explanation paragraph at the top :P)
    Chuck's Weights
    -Chuck

(and by the way, May 2011 is when I went primal and started crossfit and stuff). If you hover over the graph it will show you the data.

Just keep this stuff in mind people. Even after I went primal there'd be a month or two at a time where I lost a whopping one pound or even gained a little. Don't let that discourage you, it's all part of the process.
    -Chuck

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Chuck for sharing your graph.

Hopefully I won't plateau for long. I did 20 minutes of intervals today. I don't know that I'd call them HIIT, exactly, but I did push myself pretty hard on a few of the intervals. I did 1 min run, 1 min walk intervals on the track at the gym, in my SOCKS! It felt awesome! It felt so easy! I hope running continues to be easy for me after two years of it being SO HARD! And the best part was, no pain. Nothing hurt. Nothing even whispered to me. Everything felt great. I plan to do it again on Wednesday and Friday this week. Tomorrow and Thursday I'll LHT and see what comes of it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Jackie - Awesome break!!! Was that a front kick?

We did board breaking in my class on Saturday, and I did a two-board elbow strike. I broke both boards on the first try, and one of them had a knot in it that popped out when I hit it! One of the young boys in my class was telling me how cool that was and that he always keeps the knots that pop out of his boards. It was cute and funny (and I'm old enough to be his mother, he couldn't have been more than 10 or 11). On the flip side of that, I developed an angry purple bruise on my elbow (well not my elbow; my forearm right next to my elbow) from where I broke the board; I showed it to kyo sa nim this morning and he's like, "How'd that happen??" and I said it was from the board breaking and he said that at least I know I hit the board with the right part of my arm!
    Awesome break! Downward elbow? Upward? I haven't tried an elbow break yet. I think I would rock a downward; my upward, though, I'm not convinced by - I don't think I have the upward speed/power. I love breaking! The one I used during my test was actually a jump groin - the master suggested it, saying it would be better to break with the top part of my foot. I'm not sure why; maybe precision over sheer force? Don't know. But I'm very happy. Now I'm working on my spin back, because that will be my next break, and I'm **terrible** at it. :P

zinnia is offline Member
    Chuck, you're totally right that I'm too worried about the fruit. I've always been a worry wart. And besides, a big reason I'm doing this whole30 is to give myself (and my body) the time to assess what does and what doesn't work. So if I don't see/feel any progress by the end of this month, I'll rethink the amount of fruit I'm eating. Otherwise, I know it doesn't set off sugar cravings or anything like that for me, so I shouldn't dwell on it too much. By the way, fantastic job on your weight loss so far!!

I sympathize with everyone who's discouraged about their (lack of) progress this month. I haven't been weighing or measuring myself, but my clothes don't feel any different. More importantly, I was really hoping that this would help with some dermatitis (dry, red patches) around my mouth and eyes, but it's gotten worse! I don't know if my body is healing itself or if I need to start exploring other possible causes. It's so frustrating. But I'm committed this until the end. And you guys are really helping with that, so thank you.

Another "tip" that I usually follow (and am ironically not following right this second) is to never eat within 3 hours or so of bedtime. I don't see that discussed too often among the primals. I see it as very important to good sleep/recovery/etc. I'm only eating late tonight because I spent the evening at the hosp with family (nothing bad, thank God).
    -Chuck

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I have lost 115 lbs to date. ]
    Congratulations! That is a phenomenal loss, & extremely inspiring. As are the pearls of wisdom & experience you & the others here share. Whenever I feel like it's not working & a bit blah, I check in here & soak it up
    Thank you!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Chuck - you're an inspiration. **waves pom poms**

I appreciate the kind words! I just wanted people to know if you're trying to lose weight it won't just be this one giant, consistent, steady loss, even when you're doing things right.
    -Chuck

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chuck - Your graph is really interesting and inspiring. Thanks.

To keep myself honest, I would like to tell you a little about my journey.
    My story in short - I became Primal in Sept. 2010. It saved my life. I have a clotting disorder caused by inflammation & genetics that landed me in the ICU. Anyway, by Sept. 2011, I had lost 65 lbs. I was never one of those people who became Primal and never looked back. But, the last year has been a roller coaster. I have had some health issues, problems with bingeing and have gained back 20 lbs. My problem seems to be a combo of hormones, disordered eating and stress. I bought "It starts with food" in July. I had a couple of clean weeks and felt great. I intended to start an August W30 on the first, but I left for vacation on that day.

I "chose" to eat SAD while on vacation. When I allow myself to eat that way I don't just eat SAD meals, I binge all day on sugar and carbs. By the time I returned on Sunday, my health was suffering. I had gained 15 lbs. My inflammation signs were scary. Yesterday, I weighed 246-35 lbs above my Primal low weight. I know that I am playing a form of Russian Roulette. Any binge could land me in the hospital again.

Due to my health and binge issues, I probably need to stay very clean so W30 is a good place to start.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast