Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 42

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Just ordered some PrimalPacs!

Primal Pacs

I really hope they're worth the moolah.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Super quick check in to say that even with 2 BBQs yesterday, I stayed Whole30. That's because I wound up eating only raw veggies and drinking water. It was an oversight at the second BBQ, because I was going to have 1 - 2 grilled burgers, but I missed the grilling window (we wound up BBQ hopping), so it was all about the veggies for me. When we got home that night, I then had 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts at about 10 pm. I was going to eat a huge breakfast this morning, but I **slept in.** This never happens! I fed my cranky ancient cat at 6 am...and then I went back to sleep until 9:40! Oh my!!! Wound up having brunch at 11:30 (3.5 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in ghee, gold-plated bacon reheated, 1/3 fresh bell pepper, black coffee).

We're having friends come over later, so I've got Mark's ginger/coconut pork in the slow cooker. I have no idea what to serve as a side for everyone (I'm going to nuke a sweet potato for me). Maybe I'll make white rice with butter for them, if they don't want sweet potatoes. Hmm.

I hope everyone's doing well! **waves pom poms, then dashes off to CLEAN THE HOUSE**

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Great job staying the course Jackie! I've got a date coming up on Wednesday and wondering whether I'll let it go for that one meal...

Did a super long walk today, 8.2 miles. Got plenty of sun too
    -Chuck

nopie is offline Senior Member
    I kinda want to weigh myself in the morning to see if the scale is finally moving. Had an epic.fight with my boyfriend today and was tempted to.drink smoke and eat ice cream... but i figure even if I do become single in the near future i should respect my body.

zinnia is offline Member
    I bought and made way too much food this weekend. I made creamy avocado, spinach, and chicken w/ spaghetti squash as well as the coconut ginger pork for dinners this week. However, I neglected to scale back the recipes to single-person proportions. I think I'm going to have to pawn some off on my roommates, unless the pork can be frozen and reheated. I know that works well for stews, but had anybody ever done it for roasts?

I also bought too way too much fruit. It's in season and so cheap right now, but I am still eating too much sugar. I think it will be easier to say no to the fruit come fall, since I'm not really a huge fan of apples or citrus.

Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    I kinda want to weigh myself in the morning to see if the scale is finally moving. Had an epic.fight with my boyfriend today and was tempted to.drink smoke and eat ice cream... but i figure even if I do become single in the near future i should respect my body.
    Being HAWT is the best revenge!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

I think I ate about 2 pounds of fruit today. The cup of raspberries and blueberries I brought to work with me, then the ginormous fruit bouquet from a patient's family. I expected to feel like utter shit, since it's the most sugar I've had in one sitting in over two weeks.

But,... nothing.
    I sprinted four hours later and had plenty of energy for that. Wasn't hungry for dinner, but made myself eat some nuts. I'll probably skip bfast in the morning too. The fruit must have fulfilled some glycogen stores that needed it, or something. I really don't have a plausible explanation.

Does anyone have a good recipe for skirt steak? I'm going to make the coconut ginger pork y'all are talking about, if I can get my hands on a pastured pork butt at the farmers' market this week!

Nopie good job staving off the bad stuff even when stressed! Hope everything is ok.

Zinnia & Sophie, I think you guys are a little too worried about fruit. Blueberries and raspberries are awesome. According to my sources eating a whole pound of blueberries is about 45g of sugar, that's honestly not that bad for such a big serving. And for a pound of raspberries you're talking only ~20g of sugar. And don't forget there's lots of fiber along with those as well (especially raspberries). I realize we're all trying to hit certain macro nutrient targets here but to me it's always been absolutely silly to say "put down that piece of fruit because it has carbs".
    -Chuck

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am back home from vacation and am starting my Whole 30 today. Major detox coming.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saw this in my work email today (they have little "lunch & learn" classes sometimes). Wonder if I should go and be a pest

Thursday: The Scoop on Fiber and Whole Grains
    Learn about the importance of fiber and whole grains, their many vital roles in the body and how much you should incorporate into your diet. Discover how to find fiber-rich foods and learn the difference between fiber and whole grains.
    -Chuck

Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast