Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 40

Minky is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 10 for me. Fully compliant. Feeling great. It's driving me nuts not to weigh, but I'm holding out til day 30. Some days my clothes feel looser, some not so much. Energy level is great. My kids are sleeping at my mom's so I stayed up late and cleaned and gutted both of their bedrooms! This really needed to happen before we gear up for back-to-school.

Yesterday I made a big pot of Whole30 approved soup and it's really yummy. I didn't measure anything really.

sauted a bunch of chopped veggies in coconut oil - I used onion, garlic, celery, carrot shreds, and cabbage
    once they start to get tender, dump in a box of chicken broth and 2 cans of coconut milk
    2 or 3 tablespoons of an Old Bay or Creole type seasoning
    I then also added some chopped greens (I had baby kale, spinach and chard)
    and a large fresh tomato chopped
    and then a bag or two of shrimp

The broth is so delicious! Any veggies work, really. I've made it before with a riced cauliflower, which is great too.
    I like to eat it with a sliced avocado on top.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Jackie I'm not real sure on the wrap thing, may try it again but flax is in one of the "ok but limited" categories for whole30, so maybe in a few more days I'll give it a shot.

Doing the walk this morning after my food settles
    -Chuck

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Guys!!! Here's my break!
    Neato! You make breaking boards look effortless! (I'm sure it's not)
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    1/3 of the way through! I failed at my super low-carb yesterday, found this sauce packet (apple, mango, some other fruit, actually a kid's snack, but it came in my PaleoPax snack package) and was super hungry waiting for my chicken drumsticks to finish. I ate half, then ate the other half later. But that's it! No more carbs I can eat in the house! I'll be forced to live off of protein and fat for the rest of the month.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Honestly that is the best way to go. If you don't have it within reach, you can't eat it! It's so much easier to resist something when you have to get in the car and drive somewhere to get it.
    -Chuck

Minky- your soup sounds awesome, reminds me of tom kha.

Zinnia- good call on the steak! Italian restaurants are paleo-prisons, imo. We have a local chain that offers a gluten free menu, which is basically the pasta dish served over steamed spinach or veg instead. It comes out tasting okay, but could really use a big pat of buttah' and some real EVOO. Meh.

Chuck- improvised dinner sounds like it was a winner! I think some of the challenge in W30 is getting over the "hungry, wanna eat, don't wanna cook" blahblahblahs. There's almost always something to eat in a primal kitchen, even if it's just simple eggs and a handful of nuts.

I'm on Day 9. Last night was a little bittersweet, my friends beckoned to me to put on my party hat(drink) and come out and stay out late. I'm just not willing to compromise on sleep right now, ya know? Sleep may be the missing link for me, and I'm realizing how much I've shortchanged myself.

I spent some time in the sun the other day and developed an odd sun rash on my face. I wore spf 70 sunscreen! Mark's not entirely correct on the sun exposure thing. The sun ain't got no love for Gingers.

I realized this morning while getting dressed that my body feels and looks a little tighter, a little more defined. I'll take it!
    Scale be damned!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

I just killed it with some lifting heavy things Geez I love how huge my shoulders look right after lifting
    -Chuck

My grocery bill, so far: $200. For one person doing W30. For 9 days.

Paleo Poor: Your guide to the grocery store | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

This is what I'm basically doing already, but the nuts and pre-made approved salads gotta go.
    How much are you guys spending on food, if I may be so bold?

I try to budget about $100/week for food. That's for one person. Since I buy my meat in huge bulk I can't really nail down a more precise amount of what I actually spend (i.e. my $90 trip to the butcher recently should last a long while). If I had to guess I'd say $150/wk is about what I actually spend (not counting the occasional out to eat).

I definitely need to pay more attention to it and stop buying nuts and other paleo foods simply because I want to try a recipe or something (think I spent $30-40 on stuff just to try out two recipes, one of which was a bust). I need to just stick with my tried and true stuff.
    -Chuck

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    First Houston Texans game is tonight and I'm doing a little grilling, got some burgers made up and even found some pretty primal friendly sausage. No sugar added anyways.
    -Chuck

Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast