Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 4

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachrat View Post
    By the way, nightshades (which includes white potatoes) definitely cause unhealthy reactions and worse in some people (especially those with autoimmune or inflammation issues), so although the idea that it's a "relationship" problem could be the case for an individual, it is not the whole truth.
    Quoting from It starts with Food, written by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig, founders of the W30.

"Americans eat a lot of white potatoes - and more than a third are in the form of fries or potato chips. Keeping these familiar foods in your diet makes you more likely to return to your old, unhealthy food habits, and since there are far more nutrient-dense choices available, take a pass on whote potatoes, please" (pg. 155).

I was just quoting the book above when I told nameless why white potatoes were out.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Girown is offline Member
    I am IN.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Wow are you saying you are expecting to give birth during or at the end of your/our Whole30.. and also incorporating sprints and the goals before? My hat is off to you...
    I believe that Inksplat is the expectant Father in this case.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I will be continuing my Whole 30 through August. My 1st challenge is a 2 day driving trip to FL starting tomorrow. I won't be able to control everything, but I will do my best.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I will allow white potatoes if it's convenient or any issues arise, I think, because I know they aren't a "gateway" food for me. I've been doing this long enough to enjoy potatoes sensibly. I will still have mostly sweet potatoes though because they're delicious
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I'm with y'all!
    Starting Friday the 3rd. I think dairy and alcohol are giving me the worst time right now. Coincidentally, those are the two things I'll miss most.
    Looking forward to feeling awesome in 30 days!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    *deep breath*
    I'm in.
    I was going to do a strict primal 30 with no "sensible vices", but wouldn't commit to a whole30 because dangit I like stevia in my coffee!!
    Today I realized I could use this as an opportunity to cut out coffee completely and see if that helps baby grok sleep longer at night.
    Man, this is going to be tough. Why no stevia??

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Dude, I am so in. I just turned 21 and it's been nothing but beer, liquor, wings, burgers, and questionable decisions. I have lost sight of my budding six pack that I've been working so hard towards. LET'S EFFIN DO THIS! After I go out drinking tonight, of course.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    So what is on your shopping list that usually isn't? And what's gone off? For me the same things remain on as my dear husband will still be eating them. But I am making sure to get some berries and cherries to make the transition a little easier. I will allow myself a handful of berries each meal for the next few days... and lots of coconut butter lol!

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm I'm interested in the Whole30... but not quite ready. I have only been primal for a couple of weeks, and had no problem dumping grains and actual sugar sugar. However, I still have a bit of dairy (some milk in tea and cheese) AND I use sweetener with erythritol/stevia. It seemed like a good alternative to actual sugar (or honey/maple syrup etc. high carb sweeteners), and definitely better than artificial sweeteners, AND it's really helped me stick with this eating plan. I figure if I can go a full month with no grains and no regular sugars, I'll be doing really well, and THEN I might be able to ramp it up a notch and ditch all sweeteners and dairy!

So yeah, I think I'll start planning for a Whole30 in September! Good luck to everyone who does it this month .
    Last edited by Iron Fireling; 07-31-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast