Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 39

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    Also I miss the social aspects of food. Sushi dates with the girls... going for lunch with coworkers. Not impossible when im paleoish but definately not w30.
    Oh gosh, me too! I don't know what I'm doing about ladies' brunch next week, I just don't trust any food unless I made it or I can read the ingredients. And it's food truck weather. And I sorta miss happy hour and wine with dinner.

22 days and counting!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Oh good idea Sophie. I managed to scrounge up enough to eat though I think. I bought a ton of meat the other day but like a dummy put it all in the freezer. I did find a thawed out piece of fish though and plenty of bacon. I riced a cauliflower head and had an onion and bell pepper and a few other things, so it's coming together now Potential crisis averted
    -Chuck

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Guys!!! Here's my break!

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Guys!!! Here's my break!
    doesn't show up due to privacy settings.

Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    doesn't show up due to privacy settings.
    Thanks - I just changed the settings so that now it's public.

Still going strong on Whole30. Today was Day 12, and I had a terrific day. Kicked it off with a morning walk, hitting my best time so far - just over 4 miles an hour - and even seeing a rainbow. Made it to CF in the afternoon. Foodwise, all compliant. Made a batch of meatballs and had them with spaghetti squash for dinner. NOM. For dessert, I splurged and had blueberries with some coconut cream (scraped from a can of coconut milk that I had in the fridge), and then some raw macadamias. Yay, fat! (I am learning, though, that less is more for me when it comes to coconut milk.)

Awesome Jackie! Using those "primal" weapons! :P

My workouts have not been too great. I really need to bump it up. I think I might do a long walk and some heavy lifting in the morning.

Also tried this weird flaxmeal based "wrap" recipe at the back of the "Wheat Belly" book (good book btw) and accidentally forgot the water and it turned out like a cracker! I'd swear the thing was a cracker. Very interesting. Wasn't a whole lot of flavor but that could be corrected with various seasonings or whatever.
    -Chuck

zinnia is offline Member
    Had my first major restaurant challenge tonight with a last-minute dinner with friends at Johnny Carino's, which is basically just a more expensive Olive Garden. I managed to stay pretty whole30 with a ribeye and veggies (sauteed in some sort of garlic sauce) - expensive and not really what I wanted, but my options were limited. I'm sure that some vegetable oil and a few shreds of cheese snuck in somewhere, but I'm pretty proud of myself overall. They do this weird thing where they bring your bread out to you in paper bags, so it wasn't even sitting in plain view to tempt me

Jackie, way to be awes! Congratulations on showing that test who's boss.

Good job zinnia! I love Carino's
    -Chuck

Chuck - see how important it is to be hydrated? That goes for our food too. Are you going to try to make the wrap again? As for exercise, I've been doing well kicking off the day with a walk -- maybe that would work for you too?

Zinnia - way to stay Whole30! **waves pom poms**

I have not one but two BBQ parties today. I think my protein will be coming from mystery meat. Hmm.

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast