Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 38

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    ROCKED MY TEST. BROKE THAT BOARD!!! **primal fist bump**
    AWESOME!!! \m/

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have been stuck at 189 for 15 days now. Very uncommon for a W30... My first and second whole30's (June's lasted 23 days, July's lasted 25 days) resulted in 10 lbs lost each... this one is not allowing for ANY movement at ALL! But I did take my measurements just for S&G and found I "misplaced" 2 whole inches (1/2 from my hips/butt area, 1 1/2 from my belly area - around the belly button). Can't complain, I guess... but I'd really like to look at something other than 189.0 every morning. 187 would be nice! 179 even better! lol

But, at least I'm reshaping.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but since I have cable for the moment, I've been watching too much TV. And the food commercials make me so mad! Especially for all hyper-processed crap that masquerades as health food in the form of granola bars, yogurt, cereal, etc., inevitably hocked by slim twentysomethings in yoga pants. I wonder if food companies know that they're poisoning people and don't care, or if they are just as blind as I used to be.
    I wonder that same thing. I wonder about the USDA and figure since it's a government institution, it surely knows how harmful grains are and is sweeping that knowledge under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist. There's a lot of money in the grain industry with all those government programs tossing money around. Everyone seems to be out to make a dollar, so as long as the money is falling, people will continue to pick it up and pocket it, no matter what they have to do to get it. It drives me nuts.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Speaking from someone working with (but not for) the federal government, I think it's just a matter of sluggishness to adopt changes. Anything that drastically changes something like the food pyramid or suggested daily values will eventually change but not overnight, and the changes will pretty much become mainstream before the government changes. There's just a lot of bureaucracy involved.
    -Chuck

I work FOR the government, and I still believe it's all about money, really. I truly do. Everything the government does is about money. They preach that it's for the people, but if dollars aren't involved, the people don't matter. That's what I see working for the Army. It's all dollar signs.

And I grew up as the daughter of a CAFO livestock and GMO grain producer. It's all geared around money there too... whatever brings in the most money...

Sorry, very cynical at this point.

I should clarify that I do agree with you partly that things DO take forever in the government, and they ARE resistant to change... but I think a large part of it is also money.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Dinner tonight will be a red curry. Yum I love curry!!!

How is everyone feeling. I am feeling good I just really wish I was seeing.more physical progress.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Also I miss the social aspects of food. Sushi dates with the girls... going for lunch with coworkers. Not impossible when im paleoish but definately not w30.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    I am crazy hungry this evening and had no plan for dinner. I feel like I really need some calories (have been pretty low lately). Just no idea what to make or attempt to get if I went out somewhere... Really wavering right now as a huge burger and fries or something sounds amazing :P
    -Chuck

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Feeling fine today, mentally sharp and energetic. My skin cleared up and looks bright. Looking forward to an hour long walk after work.

Chuck- get a rotisserie chicken. They're life savers, I ate half of one by myself last night and I ain't sweatin' it.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast