Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 37

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congrats! Grok on!
    -Chuck

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Chuck!

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Me and my boyfriend are still hanging in there. Hes looking great... really loosing the gut and inflammation! Im plateauing hard. This is my second w30 in a row though. Maybe ill get a woosh soon.

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    Attachment 8781

The coriander plant produces both a spice and an herb. The leaf is known as cilantro and when the plant goes to seed, it produces the coriander seed. I used ground coriander for the pork recipe.
    in Australian we call the leaves coriander and the seeds coriander seeds... when I google image searched coriander & cilantro they looked like the same thing to me... maybe it's known by different names in differents parts of the world?

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I had a minor cheat yesterday, adding honey to my way-too-strong homemade ginger tea (which I then watered down). Perhaps as a result, I dreamt about eating ice cream. I don't know what flavor it was, but it had all kinds of stuff in it, and was really tasty. I started bloating up in my dream! I think it was from watching Man vs. Food, and he had eaten a really big, full-of-stuff milkshake in Maine.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekessler View Post
    rocked my test. Broke that board!!! **primal fist bump**
    ^^^booyah!^^^
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    A guy I work with has an 11 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. He's already resigning her to a lifetime of medications. He just told our boss that it's a series of ulcers and cysts in her large intestine and her immune system is fighting what it thinks is an infection but is actually "normal" waste products. He said, and I quote, it's treatable with the right medication and the good thing is that she won't be restricted from any activities or required to follow any restrictive diet requirements.

I sent him the link to the Whole30 website and suggested they read the book. Of course, I got the typical glazed look and mental eye roll. Makes me so sad and so mad. Another situation where families are uneducated and doctors are treating symptoms, not conditions. UGH!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    Me and my boyfriend are still hanging in there. Hes looking great... really loosing the gut and inflammation! Im plateauing hard. This is my second w30 in a row though. Maybe ill get a woosh soon.
    I'm plateauing pretty hard as well. That's ok, it doesn't happen overnight!
    -Chuck

Just sent a long message to my severely sugar addicted sister, in regards to her question about "toning up." Whatever the hell that means. She's always had a problem with sugar, calling her an addict is no exaggeration. She even has a classic case of "Mountain Dew mouth." She and her SO sneak around each other, hiding their sugar stashes from one another. She goes ballistic when there's no sweets to be had and has to grab something in every store or cafe she goes into. It's even more exasperating when she ridicules my paleo ways, tells me I'm jumping on some trendy fad, then asks for advice on how to look more like me.
    I just pointed her to MDA and told her she doesn't need to eat 120g of protein every day to tone up, it's time to get real about her sugar addiction and start there.
    You can only lead the horse to water, I suppose...
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I'm plateauing pretty hard as well. That's ok, it doesn't happen overnight!
    I don't think I've lost a single ounce in 8 days.

I foresee a simultaneous WOOSH!

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast