Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 36

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I want to gain (muscle) weight, so weight loss would be a bad thing to me! At 120 lbs and 5'6", I don't think I really need to lose anymore body fat to be at the physique I want. I don't think I'm working out enough to gain much muscle, but right now, I am just working on building routines. I am notoriously bad at sticking with an exercise program.
    Hey, Tash... I just thought of something. You have kettlebells, right? Why don't you put two kettlebells just wider than shoulder width apart and do your pushups on them? You'll go deeper into the pushup, getting a deeper workout and it'll help you knock out those regular pushups sooner. You could even put your feet up on the couch or on books or something to slightly decline the pushups too, making them harder. I'm not badass enough to do this yet... but I'd LOVE to be able to!

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I'm a bad girl. I weighed in. (I do it every day.) Broke the plateau; officially 5.1 pounds down since I started on July 30. Most of that is water weight, but the most recent .9 pounds? Not so much! Inches are slowly melting too. Yay!

Had a second portion of Gold-Plated Bacon today, only three strips this time, and I poured off some of the excess grease into a jar. Happy to say there's no queasiness today. I think I just overdid it yesterday; these strips are thicker than what I'm used to.

Wish me luck - tonight is my TKD test for advanced brown belt! I'll be doing a running jump off a chair to do a high kick to break a board. I am **such** a bad ass! (I hope I don't die.)
    Good luck on your test tonight. I'd be more worried about breaking something than dying, personally. That sounds like a badass move! Would LOVE to see it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Sophie. I plan to document everything, like in a real life scientific experiment so that when I write the blog about it, I have real life scientific evidence of his changes.

So far, the only thing I can come up with for a name is "From S.A.D to Happy: The Brady Project".
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I have only one kettlebell right now, but I definitely want to get another at some point. I'm not sure if I'd rather stick with one and go up in weight when I'm ready (to 20 lbs) or buy a second 15 lb kettlebell instead. I definitely can't afford to do both!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

islandwahine is offline Member
    Is coriander a rare spice or something? Could not find it at my local Stop & Shop.
    I'm not sure! This is the first time I used it and found it in my local grocery store.

Thanks for the tweaked recipe! I'm making this tomorrow. Already have the pork and the ginger root. Ta!

And 12 minutes of sprints? You're amazing.
    Your welcome! Sprints kicked my butt!! I had my kids doing some with me too and we all had lots of fun!! Oh and let me know how your pork comes out. Had some this morning with eggs and avocado..so yummy!!

Wow that recipe does look awesome. Even with the 25 lbs of beef I just bought I may have to go get some pork now just to try that!
    That's a lot of beef!! Go ahead and give it a try then let me know what you think!

Got on the scale this morning too and I'm down 1lbs so far it's awesome to see the 150's again. I'm excited to measure myself at the end of the week to see if I lost inches to me this is so much more rewarding then weight...can't believe I just said that and mean it!!

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Is coriander a rare spice or something? Could not find it at my local Stop & Shop.
    Coriander is the same as cilantro or Chinese parsley (if this helps).

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    So I had a Whole30 foul at lunch today, went to eat BBQ and did good getting their turkey and pulled pork (without any sauce, and is amazing). I thought the coleslaw might be ok but they actually put labels on there and it had HFCS and soybean oil in it, so I grabbed their in house made potato salad instead. Oh well if that's my only foul so far in 9 days that's ok!
    -Chuck

islandwahine is offline Member
    05_05_10_02_30_coriander.jpg

The coriander plant produces both a spice and an herb. The leaf is known as cilantro and when the plant goes to seed, it produces the coriander seed. I used ground coriander for the pork recipe.

zinnia is offline Member
    Tonight's my last night housesitting - and consequently, my last night with a grill and a cabinet of spices I couldn't afford even if I had the space for them - so I cooked up a ribeye. It was AMAZING. Holy moly. I wanted to marry it.

Slightly off-topic, but since I have cable for the moment, I've been watching too much TV. And the food commercials make me so mad! Especially for all hyper-processed crap that masquerades as health food in the form of granola bars, yogurt, cereal, etc., inevitably hocked by slim twentysomethings in yoga pants. I wonder if food companies know that they're poisoning people and don't care, or if they are just as blind as I used to be.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Jackie, did you kick some primal ass and earn your brown belt? Breaking boards is just so. freaking. awesome.

I woke up with what I'm assuming is a carb-flu/detox headache today. Think I'd like the diarrhea back...
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    ROCKED MY TEST. BROKE THAT BOARD!!! **primal fist bump**

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast