Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 34

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm looking at the possibility of buying a loaf of Paleo bread for my son. It's a step in the right direction, anyway.
    Be warned: It will not taste anything close to wheat-/grain-based bread.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm looking at the possibility of buying a loaf of Paleo bread for my son. It's a step in the right direction, anyway.
    Looked into this, pondered it, meditated the bread... decided that it falls into the SWYPO category. Probably not a good idea for W30, but each of us are doing our own version of this. I think I'd rather just splurge on a nice chewy crusty sourdough, if I'm going to have anything bready. And not for at least another 24 days.
    Not really missing anything except wine and chocolate, so those will be the first things I work back in.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Here's the Crossfit calorie counter!

Calories Burned Calculator for Crossfit at FitClick
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I'd rather splurge on a nice chewy porter (in 24 days of course :P)

Got home from the meat market, $89 later I've got 20 lbs of ground chuck (it was on sale ), 5 lbs of ribeyes, and 2 lbs of bacon!
    -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Here's the Crossfit calorie counter!

Calories Burned Calculator for Crossfit at FitClick
    Cool! Thanks. Now I just have to...find everything. :P

zinnia is offline Member
    Tonight was the night I was supposed to go to a concert with my boyfriend, but we broke up a few weeks ago. What I'd really like to do is work through this with a quart of rocky road ice cream. What I'm going to do instead is blend up some coconut milk, strawberries, and ice. I'm sure it's not good to make emotional-eating substitutions, but I really want a little treat right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    Tonight was the night I was supposed to go to a concert with my boyfriend, but we broke up a few weeks ago. What I'd really like to do is work through this with a quart of rocky road ice cream. What I'm going to do instead is blend up some coconut milk, strawberries, and ice. I'm sure it's not good to make emotional-eating substitutions, but I really want a little treat right now.
    Zinnia, that paleo comfort food sounds AWESOME. Sorry about the breakup. Bet the concert sucked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Got home from the meat market, $89 later I've got 20 lbs of ground chuck (it was on sale ), 5 lbs of ribeyes, and 2 lbs of bacon!
    Successful hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Cool! Thanks. Now I just have to...find everything. :P
    Yeah, they made it a little difficult to navigate and piece together.
    "Let's see... I ran with a 14# ball for three 200m runs, but walked with the 16 for 2.8 and I think ran the rest, I snatched for 6.5 minutes and did burpees for 4.8 minutes..."

I think not.

Primegal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I may give the "fat bread" recipe (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63644.html) a try. I know Whole30 says no "paleoifying" the bad stuff like bread, but I can't possibly see how this could be bad for Whole30. It's eggs, macadamia nuts, coconut, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt. Any thoughts?
    This *looks* really good to me...

My system isn't doing well with nuts so I am trying tokeep them to a minimum... but if they work for you then why not? Would love to hear how it tastes please :-)

The following recipe is for pumpkin paleo bread and sounds sooo good. They suggest serving with avocado.. or macadamia nut butter...

Paleo Pumpkin Bread : The Healthy Chef – Teresa Cutter

I've tried lots of this chef's recipes and everything has been awsome. Perhaps leave out or substitute the honey though ;-)

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast