Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 32

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Okay, guys, I've cooked my first meal with gold-plated bacon (GPB). That's what I'm calling the US Wellness Meat's pork-and-salt-only bacon. I had 3 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in bacon grease with diced red peppers (organic) and fresh onion (organic) and minced garlic (organic) with dill weed and black pepper with 4 strips of GPB.

The smell was...interesting. It smelled off somehow. I still can't figure out if that's just the smell of UNDOCTORED PORK, BWAHAHAHA or if my sense of smell is off. Anyway. It is much darker than other uncured bacon I've had, but not in a spoiled sort of way. It cooked up quicker than I had realized -- the dark color threw me off -- so it wound up being a little tough, but I don't mind that.

It wasn't bad to taste at all. Different, but not bad.

Here's the interesting bit: When I eat eggs/bacon/veggies, I usually have flashes of WANT MORE when I'm done. Sometimes, I cave and have an apple; usually, I tough it out and brush my teeth, then distract myself. But today? When I was done, boom, I was DONE. I felt (and still feel) completely sated. Could be due to me having this for lunch, after HIT at CrossFit. Or could it be... the GPB??? (Cue music!) I'll make GPB and eggs again tomorrow, but for breakfast, after my morning walk; will be interesting to see if I have a similar DONE reaction.

And holy cats, there is a TON of bacon in this package. I may have to make bacon-wrapped bacon, over bacon, dripping in bacon fat, with a side of bacon.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just for fun I tracked my calories for today. The ribs put me over the top at 1800+ calories for the day, with 60 carbs, 145 gms fat (ribs... lol) and a sad looking 84 gm protein.

Made my plan for tomorrow and it looks much better. 1460 calories, 61 carbs, 107 fat, and 100 protein. Much better ratios. Still not ideal, but better than today. According to MyFitnessPal, if I keep up these numbers, I'll be at 184 in 5 weeks. Psht... whatever! It won't take no 5 weeks! Not with the Whole30 on my side.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    And holy cats, there is a TON of bacon in this package. I may have to make bacon-wrapped bacon, over bacon, dripping in bacon fat, with a side of bacon.
    hahaha this made me laugh.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Lol "gold plated bacon". The last thing we need here is more acronyms! (and that's coming from a guy that works at NASA).
    -Chuck

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Dude, I so want to borrow that quote for my signature.

Maybe it's the fat content of the bacon? So the last few mornings I've been making half an avocado's worth of guacamole to eat with my one slice of bacon and 2 eggs, and I think the extra fat is going a long way to keeping me more satisfied between breakfast and lunch.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Doh! The Wellness Meats bacon is out of stock!

SOPHIE WANT BAAAAAACON!!!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

I may give the "fat bread" recipe (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63644.html) a try. I know Whole30 says no "paleoifying" the bad stuff like bread, but I can't possibly see how this could be bad for Whole30. It's eggs, macadamia nuts, coconut, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt. Any thoughts?
    -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    Maybe it's the fat content of the bacon? So the last few mornings I've been making half an avocado's worth of guacamole to eat with my one slice of bacon and 2 eggs, and I think the extra fat is going a long way to keeping me more satisfied between breakfast and lunch.
    I've been doing the same thing (although I'm eating a whole avocado) and agree 100%
    -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    hahaha this made me laugh.
    My work here is done.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Just for fun I tracked my calories for today. The ribs put me over the top at 1800+ calories for the day, with 60 carbs, 145 gms fat (ribs... lol) and a sad looking 84 gm protein.

Made my plan for tomorrow and it looks much better. 1460 calories, 61 carbs, 107 fat, and 100 protein. Much better ratios. Still not ideal, but better than today. According to MyFitnessPal, if I keep up these numbers, I'll be at 184 in 5 weeks. Psht... whatever! It won't take no 5 weeks! Not with the Whole30 on my side.
    Sometimes, it really does come down to the calories. Good for you for tracking to get a sense of where they're coming from.

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast