Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 31

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    I find getting caught offgaurd by my TOM by my lack of incredible mood swings and jawline acne incredibly annoying.... How am I supposted to plan now???
    I know...the problems we have...**grin**

Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    For myself a lot of times it's a simple matter of browning up a pound of ground beef with some taco type seasonings and putting some easy to prepare vegetable with it. Cheap, easy, and simple, and you're not throwing a ton of stuff at your body that it's not used to.
    Have you made the beef taco bowl recipe that Mark posted a few Saturdays back? Easy as anything, and delicious! My kids are hooked.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.

My meals are pretty much the same as my standard PB diet. I've always been a mad scientist in the kitchen and typically make several new dishes a week. I have a feeling the cucumber-pineapple gazpacho may be to blame, or I'm somehow getting too much fiberous veg+extra fat in somehow.

Yesterday I ate:
    coffee with EVCO, worked out fasted at noon(hard WOD)
    V8 post-WOD (love the "Can I have___" section on Whole9 forum!)
    2 burger patties with mustard, steamed sweet potato with ghee, 1/4 avocado
    gazpacho, originally made with shrimp but tossed those
    handful pistachios
    2 Applegate dogs, fried sunchokes(gag)
    choco-banana paleo ice cream
    nibbles to taste chili

I really hope the avocado isn't to blame. I've eaten some everyday so far. I'm chugging water, I may make a green smoothie with kale, lemon, and red bell pepper and call it good on veg/carbs today. So far I've WOD'ed fasted, had a V8, small handful of cashews, and a small can of tuna with EVOO.

I'm not making the mistake of weighing myself again anytime soon.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Have you made the beef taco bowl recipe that Mark posted a few Saturdays back? Easy as anything, and delicious! My kids are hooked.
    I hadn't seen that but just looked it up, looks pretty good. I'm not big on the kale chips, but I make pretty much that exact recipe all the time! Ground beef with a heavy helping of onions, garlic (sometimes powders for both if I'm being lazy), and tons of cumin and chili powder. Then whatever chopped up veggies I can throw in, and the avocado I usually dice up and "mash" into the whole mixture. Very tasty and very paleo! When I'm not on the W30 I throw in a little sour cream and cheese too
    -Chuck

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today is my day 10. Weight went back up to 189 today... So I guess I'm stuck here. In my scale's defense, it said 188.8 yesterday, which is pretty much 189 if you round up... I was hoping we'd broken that 189 number. But, my pants won't stay up today, so I guess that means that things are changing depsite the scale being a b@stard.

I had intended on running in my new Vibrams today, but they're too big... and instead of deciding to LHT, I left my gym bag at home and decided to walk. Running was the only thing on my mind and I really didn't want to run in regular runners, so I just left everything at home... I did bring runners for walking in b/c it's supposed to rain and my Fast Flats aren't waterproof, and flip flops get dangerously slippery when they're wet. I figured I'll walk to the gym and then either walk on the treadie or walk around the track if it's raining. If it's not, I'll simply walk outside.

Chuck, I wish I had a local butcher I could trust around here. I used to work for our local butcher (he owns 4 grocery stores, a laundromat, a car wash, a restaurant and a locker) and he's anything but trustworthy in my eyes. I also learned the meat in his grocery stores is not meat from his locker... hell it's not even from this STATE! Defintely CAFO meat... In his defense with the CAFO meat though, there are very very few grass fed farms around here. I think the nearest one to me that produces for sale is easily 50 or 60 miles away. The next closest is probably 100. Very few around here b/c it's all freaking farmground used for crops.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I hadn't seen that but just looked it up, looks pretty good. I'm not big on the kale chips, but I make pretty much that exact recipe all the time! Ground beef with a heavy helping of onions, garlic (sometimes powders for both if I'm being lazy), and tons of cumin and chili powder. Then whatever chopped up veggies I can throw in, and the avocado I usually dice up and "mash" into the whole mixture. Very tasty and very paleo! When I'm not on the W30 I throw in a little sour cream and cheese too
    Love this recipe! It's one of my go-to's. The kale chips don't add much, imo.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I saw the price for the Wellness brand as well, and I'm not biting it either. I'm checking my small, local natural meat markets. I think the bacon I sometimes buy from one is sugar-free, since it tastes pretty plain. Someone posted a link to making your own bacon, maybe we're due for a re-post?
    Has anyone else found a national brand that fits the program?
    This is one area where I'm not stressing. I eat Applegate Farms' Uncured Sunday Bacon, one slice a day. Whatever miniscule bit of sugar that may or may not be on that one slice is, IMHO, not going to kill me. If I get to the end of the Whole30 and I haven't lost anything, then I'll consider cutting it (though I've managed to lose 40 lbs since the beginning of the year while eating bacon, so...). The big thing for me on this Whole30 is avoiding dairy and white potatoes, and staying away from suspect sauces and other foods that might have added sweeteners. Oh, and alcohol - but I don't drink much anyway.

I'm in Day 3 and so far so good; no serious cravings or anything. I made some almond butter last night and may have had a bit more than I should, but it's still pretty self-limiting - I can't really eat more than about 2 spoonfuls before I'm done. Similarly, I can't eat a lot of whole almonds before I want to stop, either; I have a small half-cup container of almonds I bring to work, and it probably takes the whole work week for me to empty it (I don't refill until it's empty).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have proven once that I can eat six servings of almonds in one day... in 3 separate sittings.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Doh! Maybe your actual meals should be bigger/have more fat in them, to help stave off hunger between?
    -Chuck

Sophie - what about having more raw veggies instead of drinking them as a V8? (I have no idea, just thought that's one area that seems to be missing: more plants.)

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast