Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 3

Inksplat is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Wow are you saying you are expecting to give birth during or at the end of your/our Whole30.. and also incorporating sprints and the goals before? My hat is off to you...
    I'm a guy, so no, no giving birth for me.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

Msilver is offline Member
    I'm in. I've been looking for a good time to start a whole 30.

Any rules on fasting during? My normal IF day is tomorrow so thats how i'll be kicking off.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Msilver View Post
    I'm in. I've been looking for a good time to start a whole 30.

Any rules on fasting during? My normal IF day is tomorrow so thats how i'll be kicking off.
    Whole30 does not subscribe to IF'ing. The book It Starts with Food says you need to eat every 4-5 hours to allow your hormones to function properly. I'm not sure I agree with that, though.

But, that being said, the Whole30 is really meant for newbies, people who aren't already eating primally/paleo to jump start their conversion. So if you already have an IF schedule and it's working for you, I say do it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Paleomom4 is offline Junior Member
    I've been thinking about my goals for this 30 day challenge. I'd like to follow the whole 30 nutrition guidelines but Im trying to incorporate IF two times a week. No sugar and no chocolate.

I would like to try more slow movement as opposed to the high intensity exercise I tend to do. I'm going to try to lift heavier instead of the low weight, high reps I tend to do as well. So, walk one hour every day. Sprint once or twice a week and find/incorporate a different lifting routine.

I get good sleep and I play a lot with my kids. I'm working on a master knitting program so I use my brain a lot. Just need to tweak diet and shifting my exercise.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. I have a wedding to go to on the 11th which will inevitably see me enjoy a cider or two, but otherwise I'm commited to my third whole 30.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I'm in. I've run into massive mood swings previously while doing Whole30 and wound up ditching it, but in retrospect, I think that if I would have stuck it out, the mood swings would have ended. I'm in a very good mindset and have been for more than three weeks; I've been very good about taking my vitamins and exercising. So I think I'm in a better place to go Whole30 this time around. I'm also doing this as part of the Primal Blueprint Challenge for August (begins 8/1) and the challenge at Nerd Fitness (begins 8/6). I started today. I'm a little nervous, because the mood swings were very, very bad. But as long as I go into this with open eyes, I should be alright.
    Hi Jackie!

I am glad you are in, because you being here will help me to be here too. Last time I made it 3 weeks and then fell off due to travel. This time I have three weeks before driving my daughter to college. Crossing my fingers! I am going to go back and review all my posts and write down what I ate for my own customized meal plan.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    I'm in, already on day 2 (as a re-start from last week). But I call it 30 Days of No Nonsense (30DONN).

Don't quite agree with the idea that whole 30 or whatever you want to call it is for newbs, if I understood what was being said there. It's a tool that can be useful for anyone to check their habits, prep for whatever event might be ahead, or kick off an elimination campaign for the sake of discipline or as a self-experiment to understand how their bodies reacts to nightshades or dairy or egg whites or whatever. IFing is absolutely part of it for me, and you too if you like.

By the way, nightshades (which includes white potatoes) definitely cause unhealthy reactions and worse in some people (especially those with autoimmune or inflammation issues), so although the idea that it's a "relationship" problem could be the case for an individual, it is not the whole truth.

My 30DONN goals are just pure clean food (meat, healthy fat, non-starchy veg, and I'm cutting back but not ruling out homemade kefir or the cheese therefrom) as I've gotten a bit sloppy on eat-stop-eat and also want to get my sleep dialed back in.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Inksplat is offline Member
    Something interesting that I've noticed since starting Whole 30 is that I get hungry.

When eating less (or maybe somewhere close, but definitely not more) while IFing, I wasn't hungry. Now, eating 3 meals a day, I definitely get hungry.

Kind of strange, but my weight has also started dropping whereas it was going up while IFing. Guess there's something to that whole leptin/cortisol stuff. :P
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveCanem View Post
    Hi Jackie!

I am glad you are in, because you being here will help me to be here too. Last time I made it 3 weeks and then fell off due to travel. This time I have three weeks before driving my daughter to college. Crossing my fingers! I am going to go back and review all my posts and write down what I ate for my own customized meal plan.
    Hi, CaveCanem! We can be Whole30 buddies. You can do it! Rah!

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Just changing it up sometimes breaks a logjam somewhere -- another reason an occasional 30DONN is a useful tool!

And I wonder if sometimes going on a strict regime instead of making it up as I go along doesn't also reduce stress. My felt level of stress is always a huge thing for me in terms of every benefit (mood, sleep, feeling good/bad in general, and weight).
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast