Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 29

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the article on Alzheimer's. I posted it on Facebook. I like that it refers to Alzheimer's as a form of diabetes. That should grab attention since most people think you either get or don't get Alzheimer's rather than it being a symptom of an unhealthy body.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Day 5 here. Noticing some great changes to my energy levels, though I've been at work constantly and haven't been able to catch a Crossfit class. Got some sprints in on Sunday, when the weather decided to cool off to a balmy 103. I'm headed to the noon class shortly, and it's going to be an absolute killer WOD, so the W30 is getting put to the test!

Sleeps been good, but I didn't get to bed until 1:30am(!), and for some reason my alarm went off at 5:30, even though I didn't set it. Those Philips sundown clocks have minds of their own.

I tried to go back to sleep, but diarrhea kept me up. That's been the only thing... I'm don't usually have *that* problem. Maybe it's the cucumber-pineapple gazpacho, maybe the beets and sauerkraut, maybe the EVCO, I dunno. I never had problems with those things before.

I'm going to chime in on the TOM topic... I've experienced no fatigue, cramps(menstrual), moodiness, breast tenderness, minimal bloating. I'm giving the W30 credit for it. To be fair, I really cleaned my diet up a few days before starting, save the alcohol. Just some breakouts and a little bloating, which is going down.

All-in-all, I'm absolutely enjoying this paleo reset program. My mind isn't turning to old comfort foods, and non-paleo foods are looking mighty gross right now. Even french fries. Someone brought in a tray of cupcakes frosted in red glitter icing, my first thought was "oooo pretty shiny," then "those don't even look like food." And they smelled weird, like Crisco or something plastic-y. Of course they were gone in 20 minutes flat, but I had no part in it.

I'm still on a mission to find acceptable bacon, wish me luck!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wellness meats has a Whole30 approved meat... way out of my budget though, so unacceptable bacon it shall be for our family...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Wellness meats has a Whole30 approved meat... way out of my budget though, so unacceptable bacon it shall be for our family...
    I saw the price for the Wellness brand as well, and I'm not biting it either. I'm checking my small, local natural meat markets. I think the bacon I sometimes buy from one is sugar-free, since it tastes pretty plain. Someone posted a link to making your own bacon, maybe we're due for a re-post?
    Has anyone else found a national brand that fits the program?
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Oh... ***pulling out horn to toot for self***

I kicked today's WOD in the face!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Oh... ***pulling out horn to toot for self***

I kicked today's WOD in the face!
    RAH!!!!! Go you!!!

I caved and bought the US Wellness bacon. I should get the shipment tomorrow. I'll let you know whether it was worth it. (Effin' bacon better be gold-plated...)

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    RAH!!!!! Go you!!!

I caved and bought the US Wellness bacon. I should get the shipment tomorrow. I'll let you know whether it was worth it. (Effin' bacon better be gold-plated...)
    Thanks, and please do share your thoughts on this "Cadillac of Bacons" when it arrives.

islandwahine is offline Member
    I was craving something SWEET, SOUR & CRUNCHY...so I went to the store. I limited myself to the fresh veggies and fruit section of the store and walked out with a fresh pineapple, purple and green cabbage. Came home cut up my cabbage, pineapple then tossed it in a bowl, added some shredded carrots and white vinegar. Put it in the refrigerator for 20 mins and WOW!! that hit the spot!! I guess it's like a coleslaw with no mayo!!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    I was craving something SWEET, SOUR & CRUNCHY...so I went to the store. I limited myself to the fresh veggies and fruit section of the store and walked out with a fresh pineapple, purple and green cabbage. Came home cut up my cabbage, pineapple then tossed it in a bowl, added some shredded carrots and white vinegar. Put it in the refrigerator for 20 mins and WOW!! that hit the spot!! I guess it's like a coleslaw with no mayo!!
    Awesome.

I still can't believe how relatively painless my TOM is. Holy cats, if this is from Whole30, I'm hooked.

zinnia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    I figure that all our bodies are busy cleansing during the Whole30, so hopefully the headaches & other symptoms are signs that you are on the right track & healing
    I sure hope so! Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason to give up Cheez-Its

I had another good day, food-wise, although I think I'm leaning too heavily on nuts and seeds instead of quality meats and fats. Is it even possible to get sick of steak? Because I might be getting there.

I've utterly failed in the exercise department, though. I got some Vibrams for my birthday so I'll give them a whirl around the neighborhood tomorrow. Gotta start somewhere!

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast