Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 24

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I nearly gave in to alcohol and chocolate last night. I ate at my parents' house and my mom offered to pick up some booze (I wanted hard cider, had to correct myself before she left). Then she offered some chocolate after dinner. No sugar for this gal!
    Good job! That stuff will still be there September 1st (in moderation of course :P)
    -Chuck

Oh and Nopie thanks so much for that sweet potato hash browns idea, made it this morning and it was awesome!
    -Chuck

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 7 for me... doing well, but having a lot of nasty cravings that I normally don't have (in previous Whole30 attempts, I mean). I am wanting sugar something FIERCE this time. I'm sure it's because I have also cut fruit and my body is rebelling at the whole absolutely not sugar thing. It's really frustrating to be having so many cravings this time around.

Weight is also going up which is equally frustrating. I'll check the weight again tomorrow. If it's still up (I suspect the magnesium DH and I have started to take nightly may make the difference... *wink*) then I'll be avoiding it til the end of the month. I know that quitting the Whole30 isn't the answer to the weight concerns, so that's not an option, but the scale data is really irritating.

Food is right on target. But again, cravings. I had to shove the leftover tater tots from my kids' lunch down the garbage disposal b/c it was all too tempting to pop them in my mouth. Chunks of creamed coconut have been my "go to" when I'm craving something. It's like grabbing a chunk of refrigerated coconut fudge or something.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Good job! That stuff will still be there September 1st (in moderation of course :P)
    Yes! I will probably invest in some good quality dark chocolate (want to find brands that don't have soy lecithin) to nibble on, but I'm keeping low-sugar for the next few months/as long as possible anyway. I might make this a Whole 60, we'll see. Butter is convenient! It's also nice to realize that I don't really want alcohol. Some wine when this is over would be nice, but I don't want to mess up my gut any more than it already is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah beer is my "20" on my normal primalness

Just got back from Target, not sure if they have the same stuff/prices all across the country, but the Target branded (Archer Farms) section for nuts had an amazing deal I couldn't pass up. They had this 30oz (yes, almost 2 lbs) jar of raw mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts & walnuts) for $11.99. No oil, salt, or anything extra. I grabbed two and am set for a while

-Chuck

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I messed up a bit today. I am still taking a small spoonful (like the tip of a spoon) of raw local honey in the morning to help with my allergies. Today, I experimented and did not take any Zyrtec and took a larger spoonful of honey. I don't know if it's the addition of more fruit lately or if I'm just needing the carbs, but I went spoon-first into the rest of the jar (wasn't much left, fortunately). It gave me a stomachache I don't want to stop taking it because it does help, but I don't want that to happen again!

Also I'm kind of cheating to make banana ice cream tonight (just made from frozen bananas that get blended up). Well, if I'm hungry in a bit, otherwise I"ll save it for tomorrow. I've been wanting to try this for ages.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Bananas are **totally** Whole30. That's not cheating. It's fine to have frozen bananas. It may be called "banana ice cream," but it's not the same thing as making an almond-crust pizza, you know?

I'm thinking about bananas or apples with cashew or almond butter. I am having some major cravings tonight and I know it's for something sweet. I've tried persuading my body with sunflower seeds, almonds, and creamed coconut, but it's not working... could be boredom too. It's 8:43, so could very easily just be boredom, but could be that sugar monster rearing his ugly head too. Might get out the chilled coconut milk and some frozen berries and make a snack. I think it'll greatly improve my mood too...

Ya'll have 15 minutes to weigh in... at 9, I'm making the snack unless ya'll talk me outta it.

Ok... no objections, so I'm doing it.

zinnia is offline Member
    I clearly need to get in on all these fabulous coconut products that everyone's eating. Coconut cream? Frozen coconut chunks? Sounds heavenly. I have no idea where to get it - no Whole Foods around here!

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast