Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 23

zinnia is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    impala454, thanks for the "coping" advice. I think my biggest issue is that I hate feeling like I'm imposing on or inconveniencing people, or being perceived as picky - even at a restaurant, where I'm paying for it!! So while I have no problem ordering a salad instead of fries, I'm not quite ready to get into an extended vegetable-oil colloquy with the wait staff. Obviously, it's an issue that I'm going to need to get over

I usually weigh myself once a week, but I'm going by the official whole30 rules on that and waiting out the month. I'm just going to go by how I'm feeling and cut back on fruit and nuts if I think I need to. This is probably the better way for me to do it anyway, since I'm technically in healthy BMI range and need to stop obsessing over an arbitrary number on the scale.

SophieScreams, I haven't been breaking out any more or less than usual. But I have read that some people will break out more until their body is flushed of "toxins." I haven't seen any scientific backing of that theory, but it seems to make sense.

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I agree with Jenn.
    How are you calculating your calorie expenditure at Crossfit? Is there a calculator online?
    There is somewhere; I have to find it and download it. I've been saying "weightlifting, vigorous" for the strength training days (M, W) and "circuit training" for the HIIT day (F). Not exact, but at least it gives me a general idea.

I'm feeling good and sleeping well, thanks to cutting out the nightly wine. I'm not weighing until the last day, but I'm feeling a little "thicker." Hmm. I'll give it till the end of this week, then may have to cut way down on fruit. Can't blame it on nuts.

I'm breaking out a little bit, is anyone else experiencing this? Granted, it's my TOM and I live in an environmentally-assaultive area of the country. It's just a little for than I'm used to.
    When my TOM rolls around, everything goes nuts - I break out more, I bloat. And then there are cramps. Sorry, I just entered the land of TMI...

Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    I am completely non-compliant about the scale part of the whole30. That part I just accept as a fail. I have weighed myself almost every day for about 5-6 years and am a total data nerd. I like doing it to keep the data. It doesn't affect me in the sense that the Whole30 suggests (where I'd get upset and quit if it didn't move) so I'm not worried about it.
    Ditto. I'm finding that weighing helps keep me on track. So I'm weighing and measuring every day.

Data point: I've been doing Whole30 for six days (this is day seven) and I've lost 4.2 pounds, .5 inches from my waist and .5 inches from my hips. RAH!!!

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    impala454, thanks for the "coping" advice. I think my biggest issue is that I hate feeling like I'm imposing on or inconveniencing people, or being perceived as picky - even at a restaurant, where I'm paying for it!! So while I have no problem ordering a salad instead of fries, I'm not quite ready to get into an extended vegetable-oil colloquy with the wait staff. Obviously, it's an issue that I'm going to need to get over
    I don't necessarily go into great details with the waiter on what oil they use, but swapping side items and stuff shouldn't make you feel bad! And sure my friends may snicker or mess with me a bit when I order but they also praise me big time on the results they see. I'll take that trade any day . Besides, my friends have almost become a second conscience for me. Now when we go out, if I try to allow some chips or something I get the "whoaaaaa mr. caveman is eating some chips!" lol.
    -Chuck

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Ditto. I'm finding that weighing helps keep me on track. So I'm weighing and measuring every day.

Data point: I've been doing Whole30 for six days (this is day seven) and I've lost 4.2 pounds, .5 inches from my waist and .5 inches from my hips. RAH!!!
    AWESOME! I'll bet you're feeling great too!

I'm hoping for a huge water weight dump after my TOM, fingers crossed.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Hi there- my whole30 success guide says sweet potatoes & yams are approved foods whilst on whole30... They just say no to white potatoes.
    I know, I am personally choosing to avoid all potatoes due to the starch content and a yeast overgrowth I am trying to heal.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I nearly gave in to alcohol and chocolate last night. I ate at my parents' house and my mom offered to pick up some booze (I wanted hard cider, had to correct myself before she left). Then she offered some chocolate after dinner. No sugar for this gal!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

AWESOME! I'll bet you're feeling great too!

I'm hoping for a huge water weight dump after my TOM, fingers crossed.
    I am, thanks! So far, Whole30 has felt like coming home.

I bet after your TOM, you'll shed that water weight in no time!

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Love this thread, lots of encouraging words and good ideas. Thanks to everyone joining in, and posting!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Im making paleo cabbage rolls with a friend this afternoon! Basically just subbing in cauliflower rice. Looking forward to having a stash of approved food in the freezer for when I dont feel like cooking.

Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast