Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 2

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My butter is bubbling as we speak (also polishing off the last of the open bottle of wine I had laying around )
    -Chuck

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    My motivations are to kick start the final stretch of weight loss. I've dropped over 110 lbs since 2009 and have been stuck for a few months and allowing too many "occasions" to let me slip. Let's all keep each other honest!
    -Chuck

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm hesitant to post any concrete goals. Weight loss is not one of them, I'm doing pretty well where I am now. I am trying to implement an exercise regimen (something I am notoriously awful at) as well as cut back on the sweets. I'd like to do at least 2 body weight workout routines every week, and 2 biking sessions (the ultimate goal is 7 miles so I know I could make it to and from work at least in distance).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Inksplat is offline Member
    I'm in. This is day 3 for me. My only big challenge, I think, is going to be the birth of my son, which will be happening sometime around August 31st. So, we'll see how it goes!

So far I haven't had any problems. Going from constant IFing to 3 meals a day definitely doesn't leave me feeling deprived, ha. I think that definitely helps.

My big thing is using this as a chance train myself to like vegetables. Been making sure I have some with every meal, and my lunch has even transformed into a salad (which meat, of course). That alone blows me away already--I've never liked salad.

I partially thank a certain recipe I found for an awesome dressing from Paleo Diet Lifestyle.

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is absolutely amazing.

And then, starting in a couple days, i'm looking to start bodyweight exercises MWF, with a sprint on Tuesday & Thursday.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I'm in. I've run into massive mood swings previously while doing Whole30 and wound up ditching it, but in retrospect, I think that if I would have stuck it out, the mood swings would have ended. I'm in a very good mindset and have been for more than three weeks; I've been very good about taking my vitamins and exercising. So I think I'm in a better place to go Whole30 this time around. I'm also doing this as part of the Primal Blueprint Challenge for August (begins 8/1) and the challenge at Nerd Fitness (begins 8/6). I started today. I'm a little nervous, because the mood swings were very, very bad. But as long as I go into this with open eyes, I should be alright.
    Welcome Jackie! I look forward to doing another W30 with you! This will be my third.

I started today - kind of. Allowed white potatoes at lunch and red potatoes at dinner, but we haven't officially started yet, so I think it's ok. My goal is to finally kick the sugar addiction which I have been supplementing with fruit on both previous W30 attempts. Previous attempts have resulted in 10 lbs lost each time, and then 4 gained back immediately following. I hope this time I can lose the 4 lbs I gained last weekend and lose an additional 10 lbs. Today I drank a TON of fluids in hopes of flushing those 4 lbs. I peed a LOT so there's hope.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Welcome Jackie! I look forward to doing another W30 with you! This will be my third.
    Thanks, Jenn! Same here. Go fluids!

Dany Rose is offline Junior Member
    I'm up for this. I would finally, FINALLY like to not be a slave to the Sugar gods (This is the last thing I have to kick before being fully primal). Plus, I've been keen to do a whole30 for some months I just never did it. August is as good a time as any I think.

supertradertim is offline Junior Member
    I'm in...finished day 1 yesterday. So far..very easy...but I am a little nervous about dropping sugar. I "was" hooked on Cokes. I have read about 5HTP helping with mood swings. Good luck to everyone. I have stocked up on some grass-fed meats. Let's make this enjoyable.

Primegal is offline Member

Cool Kudos!

Wow are you saying you are expecting to give birth during or at the end of your/our Whole30.. and also incorporating sprints and the goals before? My hat is off to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Inksplat View Post
    I'm in. This is day 3 for me. My only big challenge, I think, is going to be the birth of my son, which will be happening sometime around August 31st. So, we'll see how it goes!

So far I haven't had any problems. Going from constant IFing to 3 meals a day definitely doesn't leave me feeling deprived, ha. I think that definitely helps.

My big thing is using this as a chance train myself to like vegetables. Been making sure I have some with every meal, and my lunch has even transformed into a salad (which meat, of course). That alone blows me away already--I've never liked salad.

I partially thank a certain recipe I found for an awesome dressing from Paleo Diet Lifestyle.

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is absolutely amazing.

And then, starting in a couple days, i'm looking to start bodyweight exercises MWF, with a sprint on Tuesday & Thursday.

Primegal is offline Member
    Agreed with everyone above. Let's (as they say) slay those Sugar Dragons........... apparently sugar is harder than heroin to kick?!! It can so easily creep back in... as Chuck says let's keep eachother honest!

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast