Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 19

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAdams View Post
    Day 4 went well, the quiting smoking is sucking and the patches are making my arm a bit sore.
    When my mom quit with patches we moved them around on her body--back, thigh, etc. which helped with soreness. Keep going! You will feel so much better and save so much money and can buy "fancy" paleo food down the road :-)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    Love your advice thanks Jackie & Chuck! I have noticed I have that 'quick need to shove something in my mouth crash' when I am tired/ sleepy. It is the weekend here now so I'm going to work on lots and lots of sleep and a daytime nap or 2 if crashing. Will also try to push through it if I know I have eaten enough and slept enough and take a walk outside.. seems to helps boost my energy & happiness levels.
    Awesome! My newest snack/dessert is a cup of sweet cherries. In season, fresh, and OMG GOOD. Highly recommended!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    I think I'm going to make pumpkin chili tonight.
    Ooooo! Please share your recipe!

I had an odd dream last night, one where I went out to eat and ordered the curry, it came out with potatoes and rice and I ate some before I realized those two starches are a no-no right now. Then, I awoke in a panic that I had to restart the entire Whole30.

Umm, yeah. That was just Day 1. I may be re-addicted to carbs.

I didn't bring enough food to work yesterday and was quite light-headed by the time I had to make the 20 minute drive home. So, I dilligently packed a slightly heavier lunch and made a batch of kale chips that I refrained from inhaling in it's entirety, then forgot the damn chips this morning. I'm hoping to eventually make it on less food, this may speed the process a little. I just feel like I eat too much for someone my size, and that I'd be quite overweight if those calories were from SAD. IFing ain't so great for me.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Just biked to the farmers market, and now am munching on 1/4 c fresh blueberries and 1/4 c cherries. Nom!

Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I had an odd dream last night, one where I went out to eat and ordered the curry, it came out with potatoes and rice and I ate some before I realized those two starches are a no-no right now. Then, I awoke in a panic that I had to restart the entire Whole30.

Umm, yeah. That was just Day 1. I may be re-addicted to carbs.
    LOL! I sense Whole30 panic...

Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    I didn't bring enough food to work yesterday and was quite light-headed by the time I had to make the 20 minute drive home. So, I dilligently packed a slightly heavier lunch and made a batch of kale chips that I refrained from inhaling in it's entirety, then forgot the damn chips this morning. I'm hoping to eventually make it on less food, this may speed the process a little. I just feel like I eat too much for someone my size, and that I'd be quite overweight if those calories were from SAD. IFing ain't so great for me.
    IFing isn't my friend, either. Something that I like to do is have a baggie or two of raw macadamia nuts, or hazelnuts, or almonds, with me at all times in my bag -- that way, if I start feeling lightheaded, I have a handful of pure energy right there. Highly recommended!

phigment is offline Senior Member
    I can't tell you precise measurements cause I just eyeball it.
    1 sm onion
    couple gloves of garlic
    1 lb of gf hamburger meat
    Evoo
    Ginger, salt, pepper, chili powder
    Jalapeno pepper
    Sm can of pure pumpkin
    1 grated carrot
    A handful or two of kale
    a cup of chopped brussels sprouts (optional)

Cook onion and garlic in Evoo until fragrant. And meat meat and spices until browned. Add carrots, Jalapeno, brussels sprouts. Cook a couple minutes. Add kale and wilt. Add pumpkin. Cook for a couple more minutes until warmed throughout. ( Serve with mashed avacado if desired, makes it even yummier.)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    My Day 3 was 100% compliant. I had the munchies in the evening and ended up finishing up my almonds (for the best, they make me break out) and having a huge apple. I didn't want the apple anymore about two bites in, but didn't want to waste it, so I ate it anyway. It made me hungry for dinner so I caved and cooked up some chicken.

I think I'm struggling a little with carb cravings since I've cut out all potatoes. Oranges are really appealing to me right now, as are bananas. I'm wondering how many I can reasonably have in a day to keep sugar low, but keep carbs over 50g.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    We'll we are on day 6 and it's going fairly well.

My only complaint is that my SO is dropping weight WAY faster than me! LOL.

Had steak and veggies last night. Went to the farmer's market this morning to stock up on new veggies... and I'll be heading to the abbatoir later for some local meat.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think I'm struggling a little with carb cravings since I've cut out all potatoes. Oranges are really appealing to me right now, as are bananas. I'm wondering how many I can reasonably have in a day to keep sugar low, but keep carbs over 50g.
    Totally hear you there. Maybe the vit C and potassium in oranges and bananas are what's appealing to you, since you're not getting it from potatoes. I swear, there must be a potato-craving gene.

I'm going to fry some sunchokes in coconut ghee then roast them, hopefully that'll kick my potato-lust in the face.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Just biked to the farmers market, and now am munching on 1/4 c fresh blueberries and 1/4 c cherries. Nom!
    Jealous!

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast