Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 18

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Clarifying butter is super easy, don't be afraid! Just keep the heat a bit low at first and start to raise it so that it bubbles a bit. Probably don't want to burn that! I don't like CO in my eggs either.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    OG has a dish with shrimp and lobster sauteed with tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms etc. Forgot to ask about oil... and instead of the pasta I can have broccoli. hope its good! 18 bucks!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primegal is offline Member
    Good luck Cavequeen .. the Whole30 can be challenging enough under normal circumstances.. let alone while travelling, grieving, attending any kind of social event etc. Doing your best will be soooooooooooo much healthier than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    That could be low-carb flu, which hits many people when they cut grain/sugar/chemicals cold turkey. If it hits you when you're home, there's nothing wrong with taking a nap. And even though some people are against snacking, I think that sometimes a snack is a perfect pick-me-up. Today is a higher fat day for me, so this afternoon I had an extra handful of raw macadamia nuts. Do the best you can to tough through it.
    Love your advice thanks Jackie & Chuck! I have noticed I have that 'quick need to shove something in my mouth crash' when I am tired/ sleepy. It is the weekend here now so I'm going to work on lots and lots of sleep and a daytime nap or 2 if crashing. Will also try to push through it if I know I have eaten enough and slept enough and take a walk outside.. seems to helps boost my energy & happiness levels.

anyone been busy in the kitchen?
    Last night I wasn't feeling hungry for/ was feeling a bit bored with whole foods (probably missing the naughties), so I decided to make some an effort and add some variety to the evening meal.
    I know we are supposed to be avoiding paleofying desserts... but after dinner last night I made a 3 layered dessert (very small) pot of a chocolate/avocado/banana mouse, some Whole30 compliant coconut yogurt and a few spoonfulls of pureed rasberries. My Husband who is non paleo and loves his sugary treats really enjoyed it and was asking for seconds (of which there was none)...
    I had a little extra time & energy (from somewhere?!?) so instead of mashing a little sweet potato to eat with our salmon/ green veg main.. I oven baked some sweet potato crisps with herbs, spices, EVO which we snacked on as a starter..just for some different texture, bit of variety etc.
    As I was planning a super healthy, small dessert I also made sure the rest of the meal was smaller so I didn't overeat...

Anyone else prepared/ or preparing something special (while still whole30 compliant) for themselves?

sorry.. when I posted the C word (chocolate) above I should have written pure cacao powder...

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Walking is an awesome energy/mood booster for me too, highly recommended. Especially when it's sunny out.

I'd like to hear what you did for your sweet potato crisps, sounds good!

So far I've done my standard primal fare mostly, except trading out for clarified butter. I'm going to change up my chili recipe tomorrow and make it minus the beer I usually put in it. I think no beer/wine is the toughest part for me! I love to have a few beers or wine a couple times a week. Had Mexican food (parents anniversary, their choice) tonight and proud to say I sat there all evening with a bowl of chips and salsa in front of me and did not eat a single one . Had some really good chicken/shrimp fajita meat along with extra guacamole/grilled onions/pico de gallo, was perfect. They even had clarified butter for the shrimp!
    -Chuck

SAdams is offline Member
    Day 4 went well, the quiting smoking is sucking and the patches are making my arm a bit sore. I wasn't hugry this morning and had to go shoping so I skipped breakfest and didn't end up eating till 2:30, not the best thing to do but I just wan't hungry. Had homemade chicken fajitas with spices from an amazing spice shop I found today and they were yum. Everyone else had cheese and tortillas but I am proud to say that I didn't, just avocado, tomato and some sprouts. I've read the book and the site but can't remember reading anything about sprouts so I am assuming that they are okay.

phigment is online now Senior Member
    I think I'm going to make pumpkin chili tonight.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    I think I'm going to make pumpkin chili tonight.
    Yum... What goes into that?

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast