Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 17

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I vote for salmon, you can bet the steak's CAFO. Or do get the steak, if your heart so desires. Not sure if the "Italian herb marinade" is a safe bet, I'm sure there's going to be some weird flavoring and additives (MSG, corn syrup, BHT, who knows) Ask for it plain. Good meat and fish doesn't need anything other than a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper, IMO. And the olive oil may be blended with crap veg oil.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    My vote is salmon too, but I almost always get fish when we go out, since I rarely eat it.

I found out from Boyfriend that cooks get relaly irritated when you ask for things special-made like that. Or at least, they do in his kitchen. I realize it's more work for them, but if you're going out to eat, what's wrong with asking for things "your way"? At least Burger King has that part right! =P

Day 2 was 100% compliant for me, I got to go biking too. I've decided to give up all potatoes for now and have some more fruit instead. I'll be having it between meals, most likely, or when I get home from work before dinner. From what I've read, that's cool on the GAPS protocol. I'll be keeping an eye out for any hypoglycemia symptoms though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Neat article Sophie, glad your date went well and that you're now on board

Jen I'd definitely go with the Salmon. Sounds really good, and similar Italian places I've been to have really good salmon as well.
    -Chuck

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Neat article Sophie, glad your date went well and that you're now on board
    Thanks!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I also vote salmon - even though it's probably Atlantic salmon and not Alaskan, anything grilled is a better bet than roast beast cooked in oil that almost definitely isn't coconut oil or clarified butter.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Well, it looks like DH is changing his mind and we're not going out ot eat afterall. Now he wants to go to the race track and watch a race... *sigh* I don't really feel like wandering around at the race track following his every move tonight. Oh well. It's his birthday date...

Which means I'll be eating food from home or something similar b/c there's NOTHING whole30 about race track food.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe fajitas or something? Or a burger minus the bun? I know on my normal primal diet if I go to the ballpark that's what I like to get, or these big brat sausages (although I doubt they'd pass for whole30).
    -Chuck

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'll probably stick with my staple - Hormel Natural turkey breast lunch meat. I eat the whole package. If we were going to a different track, there would be broiled chicken breasts to be had, but this one doesn't do that. This one does fried tenderloins, walking tacos, burgers, fries, etc. It's a small town, county fairgrounds race track. Nothing special about its concessions either... They don't even sell lipton tea without sweetener!! I usually end up sneaking my own stuff in each week when DH races, but tonight he's not racing so i wish we weren't going... oh well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Ugh. It's hot, I don't feel like eating or exercising (did some planks and push-ups, not in the mood for biking) or even watching TV. I want to order out so I don't have to do anything with the hot stove, but there's nothing I could order anyway. Just a blah kind of evening.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

zinnia is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bit of a rough day today. I got really hungry at work and had to break out the emergency almond and pumpkin seed stash. I'm thinking I need to add some more protein to my lunch (salads with some nitrate-free lunch meat and homemade vinaigrette). Dinner was leftovers, since the grill ran out of propane and I was thwarted from my plan to make a steak. I have almost zero cooking skills and really need to add to my repertoire so I don't keep running into the same kind of problem.

I think I'm going to try my hand and clarifying some butter this weekend. Coconut oil has been ok for some other stuff but I hate how it tastes in my eggs. Bleh.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast