Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 15

zinnia is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've realized a few small slips after the fact - worcestershire sauce in my steak topping yesterday and two tic-tacs after lunch today - but I'm not going to let those get me down. Otherwise, it's been two great days. I'm currently housesitting and they have a nice grill, which has been awesome! Grilling makes even plain old chicken drumsticks so much more interesting. It's going to be really hard to go back to my tiny apartment kitchen.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah zinnia those slip ups aren't any biggie at all. And hey you can cook some great stuff in a small apartment kitchen! I cooked my steak & sweet potato in post #140 in my tiny little apartment!
    -Chuck

SAdams is offline Member
    And that steak and sweet potato look amazing!!! I am thinking I may try sweet potato again, never really like them but maybe my tastes have changed. Also excited because tomorrow I get to go get my 30lbs of assorted beef and pork tomorrow from the butcher and on tuesday I get to get some pork belly!!! Very excited to make homemade bacon.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    @SAdams - Wow, you're amazing!!! Quitting tobacco AND grains/sugar/alcohol -- dang!!! **bows**

Primegal is offline Member
    Hi there - I am also qutting smoking durig this Whole30, using patches. Good luck - you really can do it and the patches will be a huge help with the cravings etc. Usually the first few days are the worst. Try to remember each craving will pass.. be aware of the craving, and that it will pass and you usually move through it ... or try distracting yourself if you are have a craving. I'm finding that giving up smoking during the Whole30 works well, as I was too busy with my sugar monster to worry about or miss smoking. Also my usual gateway/ triggers are out of the picture (coffee, wine etc). You will feel so much better in a few days.. if not already!

On a different note I am quiting smoking with this whole30 and today is day 1 of that. It has been hard but I am using nicoret patches to help me through (have tried for the last month and have been unsuccesfull with cold turkey). The only problem I have had with the patches is that they itch like crazy when you first put it on for about an hour and I had the weirdest dreams last night, kinda like the dreams I had when I was pregnant.[/QUOTE]

@Chuck - Yeah, I can tell, you're dreading this.

@Primegal - grok on! You and @SAdams are BOTH phenomenal!

Primegal is offline Member
    Day 3 already here in Australia and feeling/ seeing some improvements;
    - huge improvement in inflammatory conditions such as psoriasis and hives. my skin was itching/ burning/ crawling prior to starting Whole30.. and already this is 99% improved.
    - I feel like a fog is lifting from my brain. colours are brighter. have bounced out of bed early the last 2 morning and been energised, busy, active... either in the kitchen cooking or out walking.
    - no smoking for 2.5 days!!! also no coffee (which seems to stall my weight loss & certainly doesn't help with my adrenal fatigue, insulin resistance, skin conditions etc)
    - Feeling/ looking/ weighing lighter already

The only issue I am having is my energy levels have been crashing after lunch & I feel a little weak/dizzy/light in the head... Any suggestions on how to improve this and/ or why this would be happening? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Primegal View Post
    The only issue I am having is my energy levels have been crashing after lunch & I feel a little weak/dizzy/light in the head... Any suggestions on how to improve this and/ or why this would be happening? Thank you.
    That could be low-carb flu, which hits many people when they cut grain/sugar/chemicals cold turkey. If it hits you when you're home, there's nothing wrong with taking a nap. And even though some people are against snacking, I think that sometimes a snack is a perfect pick-me-up. Today is a higher fat day for me, so this afternoon I had an extra handful of raw macadamia nuts. Do the best you can to tough through it.

SAdams is offline Member
    Thanks Jackie, I know I can do it this time. I have quit during pregnancy and then for almost a year when I was living in montana and it was to freaking cold to smoke but I always tend to come back to it when things get to stressfull, now that I am accepting that that is the problem I will not fall back into it. It's the same with food, things get stressfull and I start eating. I lost 20 lbs back in Montana a year ago when I first found MDA but then I haven't lost anymore because I keep going back and forth. It doesn't help when I have a husband who would rather eat ramen noodles than ribs though so I will have to start depending more on myself to get myself through this and less on other peoples desires. I do NOT eat ramen noodles by the way.
    Primalgal I know that we can beat these dragons, mine are smoking and sugar. Grains were pretty easy for me to give up and almost revolting now when I see them, well except tortillas. I am glad you are doing this whole30 to and hope to be able to share hardships and triumphs with each other and everyone else.

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast