Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 12

kmariella is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, I'm in for the whole 30!
    I found out recently that I'm pregnant with my first child. I've always wanted to be 100% primal and clean while pregnant but for the first 11 weeks that has be extremely difficult for me due to bad case of morning sickness and almost a complete lost of apetite for anything else than simple carbs! can you believe how hard these last weeks have been for me? mentally and also physically.. ugh.. I still did my very best and was mostly primal but now, I can feel my morning sickness getting better and energy levels going up so I am definitely ready to get back on track!

So the 2nd of august will be my first day and I will be posting daily some info on my menu and exercise.

Looking forward to it! and congrats to you guys who finished day 1!

ps. You probably notice some spelling or grammar mistakes in my posts but I'm for Europe so thats why

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Thanks! Just got back from Trader Joe's and I'm stocked up and ready to start tomorrow. I will stay clear of anything with veg or canola oil.

What is your preferred oil for cooking a fried egg? When I've tried bacon grease, my egg sticks to the pan. Same with butter. We usually use the spray canola from TJ's and it flips perfect every time, but that's out too for the next 30 days.
    Butter first, but that's out for now. Ghee would be great choice now, or Bacon fat in adequate amounts also a favorite, next would be coconut oil--something that takes high heat as fried eggs taste best with that crusty brown bottom like you get with Indonesian food. Trick to that is make sure oil is pretty hot first and don't move egg until it "releases" naturally--might need to practice this but my gosh, so very delicious like that. Sometimes I stick the lid on the pan with a few drops of water in lid that drips into the pan (be careful for splatters) and let the top "film over" so the clear is cooked but yellow runny. Stab this with piece of bacon cooked earlier and lick off. Heaven on earth.
    Last edited by missblue; 08-01-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Primegal is offline Member
    I'm going all or nothing.. the Whole30 program states that if you cheat, slip etc then you lose the benefits the 30 day program provides. Personally 80/20 isn't working for me, hence why I'm now committed to the Whole30 for August :-)

from : The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

'The only way this will work is if you give it the full thirty days, no cheats, slips or “special occasions.” This isn’t Whole9 playing the tough guy. This is a FACT, born of education and experience. You need such a small amount of any of these inflammatory foods to break the healing cycle – one bite of pizza, one splash of milk in your coffee, one lick of the spoon mixing the batter within the 30 day period and you’ve broken the “reset” button. You must commit to the full program, exactly as written. Anything less and we make no claims as to your results, or the chances of your success. Anything less and you are selling yourself – and your potential results – short.

It’s only 30 days.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Nonstick pans are a must have! They can be had so cheap too. There's a Calphalon set at Bed Bath & Beyond that's regularly on sale for like $25 for two. And I used a walmart job for about eight years that I think cost me a whopping ten bucks.

Made my Whole30 shopping trip this evening, lots of eggs, bacon, got some chopped lamb & veal for stew meat (I make a mean chili), lots of good veggies, cauliflower, squash, brussels sprouts (roasted are amazing). I've got a minor dilemma in that my normal chili recipe dumps a beer or so into the slow cooker, will have to substitute that. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe chicken stock or something, but maybe a little vinegar for the acidity too?

Crazy low calorie day due to working late, the Lord's supper turned out to really be supper lol! Though I'm not even hungry after the good breakfast and good sized lunch. Grok on peeps!
    -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by SAdams View Post
    Oh and Chuck if you have a kindle I would advise getting the kindle version of the book because it is only $10.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm more of a physical book kinda guy though
    -Chuck

phigment is offline Senior Member
    hey guys I just figured out that coconut oil and me are not going to be friends. I'm willing but it's not. Any idea for another oil. Sometimes I get tired of olive oil.

Inksplat is offline Member
    regarding the canola oil thing. Huh. I swear on their forum I had read that it was ok. Weird. Sorry for the misinformation!

As for pans, I love my stainless steel pans, and I personally don't have much problem with sticking so long as its hot enough.

One thing I read though, was to heat the pan a bit before adding the oil. This helps the metal seal, which is what causes the non-stick-ness. But just letting it heat up for longer while the oil is in it should also do the same thing.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    hey guys I just figured out that coconut oil and me are not going to be friends. I'm willing but it's not. Any idea for another oil. Sometimes I get tired of olive oil.
    Clarified butter! Or bacon fat. At all times I keep a jar in my fridge of bacon fat, a jar of beef fat, and a jar of clarified butter. All very good for just about any use you'd have for oil (bacon fat + balsamic makes an amazing salad dressing!). Also you might try different brands of olive oil. I've found a pretty big taste difference between various brands.
    -Chuck

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I can only have a really small amount of coconut oil at a time (like maybe 1/4 teaspoon) or I explode (aka. messy bathroom trips). One time, I ate a bunch trying to wait for dinner and ended up puking and pooping everything out. It was awful. I am really cautious with it now. SUPPOSEDLY, you can work your way up to larger amounts, but I haven't bothered in buying more to find out.

Day 1 is over, thank goodness, and I am feeling much better today. Hoping to bike to the grocery store for some bananas and sweet potatoes tonight.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmariella View Post
    Hey guys, I'm in for the whole 30!
    I found out recently that I'm pregnant with my first child.
    Congratulations and welcome. Best of luck to you for both your pregnancy and your W30 experience.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast