Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for August 2012 page 10

SAdams is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jenn, I LOVE the book too. I told my mother in law about it in hopes that it would help her ADD and weight gain so she went out to buy it. The only problem is that she also bought a book called The Starch Solution and has decided to try this first. Kinda frustrating but hopefully she will listen to her body and make the right changes.

On an up not I have been out weeding and mowing and watering my garden for about 2 hours in the 95 degree heat and am having a blast and have lots of energy to actually do it, usually I would be sitting on the couch in the ac reading a book at this time.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Hi, CaveCanem! We can be Whole30 buddies. You can do it! Rah!
    Yup. We can do it. Having buddies makes all the difference. What's. Your plan in case of pitfalls?

Minky is offline Member
    Just ordered the book on Amazon "It Starts with Food."

And I'm starting Whole 30 tomorrow!

I haven't shopped yet, but have enough to get by for a day or two. We have our own chickens so there's always lots of eggs. And I have some frozen green beans and brussels sprouts, apples, nuts, canned salmon.

Is anything with Canola Oil not okay for Whole 30? Trader Joe's roasted seaweeed is a staple of ours, but I'm pretty sure it has canola.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great book, I might have to pick that up!

I know in general the Primal community stays away from canola oil, I searched the site and saw this post from Mark Sisson regarding canola oil specifically. It sounds like it's mainly due to the major processing that goes on to produce it.
    Dear Mark: Canola Oil | Mark's Daily Apple
    -Chuck

Inksplat is offline Member
    As far as Whole30 goes, vegetable oils are fine, I believe. Its more a Paleo/Primal thing to say they aren't cool.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

So it just kicked in for me that we are taking the Lord's supper at church tonight. My church does this once a month, but either way I figured I'd confess on here . Anyways I doubt the pencil eraser sized cracker and 1/4 oz of fruit juice will kill my Whole30 too badly
    -Chuck

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    So it just kicked in for me that we are taking the Lord's supper at church tonight. My church does this once a month, but either way I figured I'd confess on here . Anyways I doubt the pencil eraser sized cracker and 1/4 oz of fruit juice will kill my Whole30 too badly
    Probably another good reason for me to wait until the 6th - our church does it on the first Sunday of the month, and that would be the 5th.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Surely not Jaradel, come on! You'll trade five days of Whole30 because of one tiny little cracker?

People don't worry so much about perfection!
    -Chuck

SAdams is offline Member
    I'm pretty sure the whole30 advises agains Vegetable oils because they are bad fats. I would stick to olive and coconut oils (sure their are more but these are the 2 that I use) Whole30 is pretty much strict paleo.

SAdams is offline Member
    Oh and Chuck if you have a kindle I would advise getting the kindle version of the book because it is only $10.

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast