Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Richards Primal log page 9

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tuesday 08/01/2013

A tonne of work today. A lot of admin followed by coaching a session. Good to get out though. I had a nice rowing Interval workout planned for today but I think Iv got the bug my step daughter and DW had. I usually manage to avoid almsot all bugs, but once it was in the hosue I knew my chances of avoiding were dropping. Funny thing is, the girls have felt fine for a few days so I was getting smug and thought id got away with it. Head is now pounding and running about earlier was both a help and a hinderence.

Food today:
    1. Omelette blueberries, goats cheese and grapes.
    2. Didnt eat for ages as wasnt feeling hungry, then I had sweet potato and chicken.
    3. Two egg omelette (morning omelett is 3 eggs)
    4. Can of tuna with some extra olive oil, balsamic vinegar and bluberries mixed in.
    5. Two pork chops with some soft boiled potatoes and brocolli.
    6. Can of tuna

Bed soon I think

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Thursday 10/01/2013

After saying I would struggle with the date change I havnt managed to type it correctly once haha.

Today
    Shoulder mobility
    Pressups 4 x 15
    Pullups 4 x 3
    Situps 4 x 15
    Reverse hypers 4 x 12

Really easy, but on this new challenge and as its week one I decided to stick with it. It will get hard in a hurry and as im just back from that injury ill take it.

Today is also first day of amendment to eating. How I was eating was working, but as I am always using myself as a guinea pig before I put forward the suggestions to my clients I thought a change was due.

Down from 6 meals to 4 + a primal smoothie (+wee tiny snacks). Its midday and im hungry and ready for big lunch.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Yesterdays workout. Didnt get to the gold course to swing a stick to another gym sesh it was.

Rowing interval work

15 x 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off.
    Full intensity

Shoulder Mobility then
    1. No results
    2. 1.34
    3. 1.29
    4. 1.29
    5. 1.29
    6. 1.29
    7. 1.30
    8. 1.28
    9. 1.29
    10. 1.27
    11. 1.25
    12. 1.28
    13. 1.28
    14. 1.29
    15. 1.28

Those were my predicted 500m splits for each 20 second sprint. Very Ouchie workout, but great.

Richard

I am terrible at posting just now. I nip on and off and post if something grabs my eye. Busy busy with work. Heading out to teach again soon.

Ill just write up the last two days sessions - Ill leave out food until later.

Wednesday 16/01/2013
    Testing a few exercises in class, so I joined in.

Full mobility session first, then:
    Max hand release pressups in 2 minutes.
    I managed 45 ........ An ok number. Max pressups is just over 60, and hand release are HARD.
    Max knees raised, elbows wide sit ups .... keeping prickle ball under chin to lock head in neutral position (people tend to head bob when they get tired which puts more pressure on their necks - iv been guilty of this myself) .... Max in 2 minutes = 60.

Good session. Might be hard to beat the sit up number as I deliberately kept them slow and controlled, contracting before I started each rep. We will see.

Thursday 17/01/2013
    Quick session:

Shoulder mobility

Then
    3 Rounds of
    15 Double leg squat thrusts
    10 Pressups (stiff after yesterday, needed these to stretch off)

Then

3 Rounds
    7 Inverted Row
    7 Uneven Pressups (right hand on block, perform a pressup then immediately walk accross so left hand is on block etc etc. Total of 14 reps each round - 7 each side).

Teaching now. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Richard

Oooops I havnt been posting much. I have been on and posting on other threads, but not posting on here.

Update - I injured my Coracoid Process and also into my brachial process. To those who dont know (and theres no reason why you should) the coracoid process is a part of the shoulder that attahches to the shoulder, lat, pec, trap etc. The brachial process runs right down the arm to the thumb (which is I was feeling it in my forearm). What this does is tighten up the shoulder pulling it forward, not so it is visible but I can feel my shoulder blade feeling like its sticking into the car seat as a drive.

This has stopped pressups/pullups but did allow for rowing, or rowing movements with weights. In the end I am trying KB swings.

I am cycling once, twice a week to work. and I hope to complete 10000 swings over the next month (this will depend on how my shouder feels after day 1 eg test day). The shoulder doesnt feel bad for the initial 200 swings, but movement to the front does not seem to bother it at all so this could be a gods send for me exercsie wise over the next month.

Additional core work will also be doen ona tuesday thursday.

I will report back.

Richard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789